melee in G4

Retlaw May

I haven't seen GF4 yet, but playing a melee guardian is different then the other types. Melee means getting the monsters stunned so you have time to close with them. Since most monsters that will really hurt you have ranged attacks you need to balance it out.

Agents and missle guardians have great range attacks. Shapers depend upon their creations. Using battle shaping is the closest to melee guardians.

In GF3 the changing of weapons in quick slots is now only 1 AP instead of 3 AP for getting something from the backpack. So switching between melee and missle weapons is easier. It increased the options.

Melee underpowered? I don't think so. In GF3, on Tricky it wasn't so hard; and in GF2 the Parry Skill can be a good solution if your Meele isn't strong enough.. GF1 is still in progress, so I don't know. But hey, as Drake said, Daze can afford a big help. And Haste, of course.

EDIT: Replaced "overpowered" with "underpowered".

Yes, melee is indeed broken in GF3. I know that a melee guardian can complete the game as easy, but melee is not only about the PC. In GF3, as in other games in GF series, melee means you have to spend action points to reach the one you want to attack and is more perilous than as a ranged attacker who stays in the rear. But what compensates for this? In GF1 and 2, melee does more damages inaddition to some minor hp bonuses melee attackers enjoy. In GF3, adding insult into injury, melee does a worse damage than ranged, which makes melee broken.

How melee guardian is balanced(actually only when late in the game) in GF3 is another story.

• 1 month later...
Quote:
Originally written by Phish Phlot:
as a gurdian ingf1 i always felt ahead. imade it to the great temple before i got to pentel.
Wrong forum, thread necromancy, and illegibly typed. AND mostly off-topic (If I knew what the hell you were saying, I'd be sure you were off-topic)

Sir, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the internet.