Cheating/Editors

Impact

I am surprised to not have heard any mention of The Cheat on this forum. It is a simple way to edit any numerical stat in pretty much any video game. It actually lets you search for the variables used by the Geneforge application, find the one you are looking for, and then change it to anything you like.

I have been using this program (or another old one that worked the same way) since the early Exile days for all my cheating needs, and I figured it was time to give something back to the community that I have been leeching from to get through Geneforge 4. If you need any help using it, just ask (or read the directions).

You can download it directly from the guy that makes it at: http://www.brokenzipper.com/

Or just search on version tracker. It is totally free to download and use, of course.

- Impact cool

P.S. Editing your available skill points is the easiest way to make that God-like character you have always wanted

It's still policy here, and you can always go through the source code yourself looking for malicious pieces. Assuming, of course, that you are fluent in whatever code is being used.

—Alorael, thinks this is just like Pandora's Box was for OS 9. Except probably with fewer references to unusually octopoid games.

Ahh! Sorry if I managed to break the rules on my first post. I thought hex editing usually referred to editing the program files in hex, but I can see how this is pretty much the same thing.

Impact

Edit: Pandora's Box! Yes, that was the old program I used to use way back in the days of Exile!

It's not an entirely reasonable rule, but it's a rule and we abide by it.

That said, modification of h*xes has contributed vastly to our understanding of the world of Exile/Avernum. We'd never be able to walk through walls and be sure that those unreachable rooms are empty without it!

—Alorael, who thinks Jeff could have at least gone to the trouble to put a few more, "What are you doing in here?" signs on the walls.