Shock tactics?

Micawber

Who has tried to run a game using entirely disposable creations (pyroroamer, unstable thahd, etc)? Jeff has introduced so many short-lived variants this time, I assume he intends it to be a viable strategy to create a few unstable creatures just before each battle.

I suppose this would work well with a PC type who is capable of surviving on their own for a while when their pets are gone. So Warrior or Shocktrooper?Any experiences?

I don't know. It's not a very good strategy, and I think you might do best with it by playing a servile or infiltrator and investing in your temporary minions as little as possible.

—Alorael, who could also see playing a lifecrafter and supplementing permanent creations with occasional cannon fodder for especially hard battles. In the end, though, it's just not much of a strategy.

Quote:
Originally written by Spooned Beef:
—Alorael, who could also see playing a lifecrafter and supplementing permanent creations with occasional cannon fodder for especially hard battles. In the end, though, it's just not much of a strategy.
I disagree. I've found shock tactics very affective as a Lifecrafter. Of course, I'm still in Illya Province. But a Charged Vlish really helped me with Krazo.

I always use stable creations too close to my limit to do that (if I make another, I wouldn't have the essence to do blessing spells), though I guess unstable creatures will allow more power in one battle for the same essence cost. It would make things difficult going through an area with a whole bunch of little creatures, but I guess they can make sense if you are playing an infiltrator or battle skill strong class, and don't usually keep creations, but make some of them for difficult fights.