Deleting files.

There isn't a good way to delete saved files. You can overwrite them with new data either through playing the game or copying blank files from a version where a game hasn't been saved. When copying files you have to remember that the first slot is save0 and that quicksave is save18 and autosave is save19.

If you use up all your slots, the game starts saving in the first slot when you don't specify a slot.

I've been having trouble transferring my saved games. I initially registered the game on my laptop, which is where i started playing. I would REALLY like to use my desktop, however, but every time I transfer the files over, the game doesn't seem to recognize them.

Quote:
Originally written by Adama:
I've been having trouble transferring my saved games. I initially registered the game on my laptop, which is where i started playing. I would REALLY like to use my desktop, however, but every time I transfer the files over, the game doesn't seem to recognize them.
If you're talking about Geneforge 4 under windows, it's worth noting that different from GF1-3, the user's save games are now stored in the My Documents folder and the ones in the Programme Files don't appear to do anything.