Editor?[G5]

Lalindo

Earlier versions of Geneforge, A4 and probably also G5, use a scripting language that looks like AvernumScript. The engines differ enormously, but the syntax appears to be the same. AvernumScript is well-documented in the manual for Blades of Avernum. You may be able to pick up the differences by looking at the scripts that came with G5.

I have the code from my old GF4 editor, and I have the time and patience to create an editor for GF5. Problem: My GF4 editor was based on the crude editor that ET had originally created. I don't know how to create an editor from scratch.

If someone were to set up a signpost or similar object to act as the access point, I could do the rest. I can't figure out how to get a signpost to have more than the one conversation point.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a couple of tips for editing your character:

1) Search the scripts for encounters where you are rewarded (stats, items, whatever)

2) Browse the appropriate script for item numbers (stat numbers you have to do research for - it's tedious but possible)

3) Apply whatever you want as a reward for any quest and you'll get it (if you reward yourself in the script - please, backup first)

4) If you're wondering why I'm not posting scripts - I feel it destroys too much of gameplay and fun to be had. You want to be an unkillable superhero? Work it out!