Singleton-how to make gold?

Dark.Fenix

im playing a singleton in hard mode (torment is way out of my league...for now) and its been a consuming-time-game sence my bags are full very with crystals/herbs/various potions and i have to keep geting back and back to towns to sell the extra stuff i dont need and to deposit the mats i want to stack.

by the time i reched exodus i lost my sanity and used the "iampoor" :'(

is this the only way? going back to town evry time.

PS:and yes, i got several piles of stash with pots herbs fine steel leather crystals... in the portal room where cienna is, so i dont need to have most of them on my bag slots.

You won't be able to afford everything. Generally equipment should be your lowest priority, as the best stuff isn't for sale. Skills are good to buy when you can. You only need a single level of any spell, but the very low level and high utility ones like Bolt of Fire and the lowest level heal (Minor Heal?) might as well be bought twice. They're cheap.

—Alorael, who thinks the hardest part of A5 may be waiting. You can buy most things eventually, but not right when you reach the seller.

If you hang onto all the potion ingredients you find, you're in for a treat once you reach Muck and talk to the potionmaster. I was able to make 13 Knowledge Brews in that first meeting, and if you're a singleton, that equates to a bonus of 26 skill points, making your life a lot easier.

In the meantime, well, this game wasn't intended for a singleton. (I think Jeff specifically stated that it was to be unbeatable with a singleton on Torment.) I'll let the others tell you how to keep yourself alive that far.

Originally Posted By: feo takahari
In the meantime, well, this game wasn't intended for a singleton. (I think Jeff specifically stated that it was to be unbeatable with a singleton on Torment.) I'll let the others tell you how to keep yourself alive that far.

I think he actually said that making the game beatable with a singleton wasn't a major design goal for him. So the fact that it's possible is mostly a testament to players' resourcefulness.

Check Strategy Central and you will see that it is possible to beat the game as a singleton on torment difficulty. Jeff doesn't intend for it to be possible beyond a casual player using a full party doing all the major quests on normal. Anything else is up to the players.

:S about the herbs and the muck potionmaster... damnit... oh well the speed pots came handy anyway smile

yeah i actualy sell what i dont need and only ekip myself from drops or quest rewards, the problem is that the bag (the only 1 in singleton) gets full very fast, i have half of bag with potions, a switch belt (to trade from a +2str and a +1int) and some speed scrolls/wands...

the part that just a single spell level is necessary was something i need cause other than the speed pots i buy the rest of the gold on down on skills or spell trainers.

also im in hard mode, my first tries on torment revealed...well a torment... that crocolist took me some time to kill and the slime under harston well i never killed him in torment...

thanks for the help guys wink

edit: btw, does any1 know the trainable skills requirements for the special skills? like 6dext+6def=parry and 6dext+10bow=sharpshooter

edit2:does any1 know the mats for the knowledge brews?

Knowledge brews require one of each "classical" (standard) potion ingredient. Typically, what will hold you back from getting more is a lack of mandrake root, though graymold is occasionally a problem. I myself used every mandrake root I found to make a knowledge potion, and even Dorikas became easy (on Normal, anyways.)

Originally Posted By: Earth2025
store herbs and other stuff you don't need to portal room and sell all extra stuff (not included quest stuffs) asap. you can put potions to quick slots and use haste-spell instead of speed-potions.

i already do all of that, and i cant use haste spell cause im trying a pole slith with priest spells for shades and buffs (gotta love enduring shield), my main dmg output is still my pole and trustfull shades (gota love their curse).
i got 1 point on mage at the char creation for firebolt but sence i only raised priest spells and melee skills, firebolt kinda sucks now -> 5wasted points...

also there might be a bug on my game, cause im reaching lyzek (?or something like that) the beast with 8 parry i i only get 16%parry, shouldnt i be around 24%?

this is my first atempt in hard singleton, not torment

Parry is 3% per level in melee and 2% per level versus missle attacks.

You can make it through to the Vahnatai Lands at least as a singleton with just priest spells and items for haste spell. I haven't gotten around to finishing my game, but it seems possible to do it without mage spells.

Pick the hardest fights to use speed potions and elixirs because some enemies like to slow you.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Parry is 3% per level in melee and 2% per level versus missle attacks.

versus lysstak i got the 24% back :), thanks for the explanation wink

easy fight in hard mode if u buff the rat and the other dude with enduring shield and steel skin(?), both made it out alive.

i did smile

cleared all tranquility except for the chitrach egghatcher(?) still havent adventured in trying to get slith bloodspear and my tries to kill the sentinel prototipe at the workshop have failed.

i was amased how acid is so overpwered, the shade was just a long easy fight (i got 36% parry with silken shield, enduring shield and steel skin so dmg mitigation is not a problem) so acid is being my main start spell (after haste,2shades and party buffs)

thinking in restarting the game sence i got a lot of wasted talents that i could have maximized their utility like training the 1º 3 points of NL and the rest at drake pillars. also i got 5 points on first aid, it has had litle to none influence in my game and also magical eficiency is way better (in my opinion)... and some other mistakes. also planing to go more deep into mage then priest (gonna miss steel skin :'( )

now... neph, for his "nimbleness" bonus, or slith, for his imba poison/acid resist? (with the ring,boots and leggs i have to switch-on i take very few dmg to even bother using a cure spell)

Originally Posted By: Dark.Fenix

now... neph, for his "nimbleness" bonus, or slith, for his imba poison/acid resist? (with the ring,boots and leggs i have to switch-on i take very few dmg to even bother using a cure spell)

If you're going for a singleton, then Slith is probably a better idea since they have an early pole bonus and fire resistance (which is really useful, say, in the Fang Clan crystal mine and whatnot).

thats the prime sentinel, im talking about the sentinel prototipe to the southeast thats available after u killed the prime.

i got to tranquility with first aid at 5, after most fights it gave me 1-2 energy wich didnt had much impact sence i had to go back to town and restore anyway :S, of course if u invest a lot of skills in it, it will pay off...

First Aid is useless for a singleton since you can't afford to waste skill points building it up to a useful level. There are enough potions and elixirs in the game with you making more at the end.

Some things like the sentinel prototype are easier to do later in the game when you can take the damage. A single character can't do things in the same order as a party of 4.