Mac on Windows[G5]

This is a good idea only if your Windows computer has an internet connection and you intend to transfer it to a Mac once it's downloaded. There's nothing wrong with the files except their failure to run on Windows.

—Alorael, who advises not taunting the Windows users. Remember, folks, every Mac vs. PC thread causes an angel to go down in flames.

Originally Posted By: Lingti
That would make it possible to play it on my phone, at least chained as it is to a mac or a windows comp, I get some reprieve, which has got to be good for the angels health.

Surely, it would run slowly on Java than it would natively?

A Java program can run half as fast as a C++ program. Considering the low requirement of Spiderwebsoftware games, the differences are not even noticeable.

I do believe that he doesnt use C++ as that is ALSO cross platform, since it can be compiled via xcode for mac, (or any number of free compilers). There are also lots of compilers for windows.

I think he uses Objective-C and then has to convert it to normal C++ due to the fact i found .nib files.

Although he could also be using lua, python or any other higher level programming language that gets compiled to objective-c.

He definitely used to use C, and perhaps the libraries don't port very well?

—Alorael, who knows very little about system-specific programming but can't imagine that the game engine itself has to change across platforms. Only things like memory usage and file architecture should differ.