Gazaki-Uss - spoilers[G5]

I believe I missed something somewhere in Gazaki-Uss that can allow me through to Galdring the second time. I am kept from seeing him after he sent a drakon to assassinate me. I got the hint from Mekhan about using tunnels to sneak in, and I have tried to do that by going around the drakons' lab. No matter how I go about it I get caught every time. Can someone drop me a hint? Is there a secret passage I missed?

You can sneak through. You have to place spotters just at the edge of their detection range and move your units, 1 at a time, w/o going into combat mode. You can make it if you time it with a second to spare.

It took me a half hour to move my spotters, sneak my troops through, and grab the loot.

Of course I could have moved just my shaper as there is no combat at the end if you are smart...

It's possible to go through the lab, too. It takes a long time and some living tools, but it's perfectly possible. With more tools you can even loot some really nice canisters.

—Alorael, who went that route because he couldn't figure out the power core. It was better in the end anyway.

I'm trying the power core because I keep "falling to the horde" in the lab. Problem is, PC and creations have been in the core waiting for the door to open and it hasn't opened in a half hour. I ate a sandwich, had coffee, read some e-mail, came back ... nothing.

Is there a trick to this? I've looked for hidden levers and don't see any. Thanks.