Questions about how the game works

Xaiya

I have been wondering about some things about this, and I have some questions.

1. If a hostile creature is killed by someone other than you, do you still get the experience?

2. If one or more of your characters are unconscious, do they still get the experience from killed creatures?

3. Which is better, the Heartstriker bow or the ceremonial bow?

4. Which would be best for powergaming, killing or helping Dorikas?

1. If a hostile creature is killed by you or your summoned creation, then you get experience. If an NPC does it, then you do not. I'm not sure about poison/acid damage doing it in at the end of a round.

2. Unconscious characters don't get experience.

3. I think the Heartstriker bow does more damage, but you can't get it until Melanchion's Keep (if you have the eyestalks).

4. Powergaming requires that you help the Darkside Loyalists in order to get access to Domont for items and Tholmen for training in the last part of the game. Experience wise it doesn't make much difference.

As an Empire soldier it is much more morally satisfying to fight your way across the Darkside Lands, but it's really boring to do so.

Hmm.... In contrast with the Shaper Monarch episode in G4: I loved the protracted fight in both the Howling Depths and the Darkside Lands. Especially in the Holwing Depths, where there was really a sense of both great urgency and highly concentrated, almost overwhelming, opposition. Plus, by the end I had tons of loot to sell off.

EDIT: Plus, by the end I was kind of hoping for a big fight or two.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
1. If a hostile creature is killed by you or your summoned creation, then you get experience. If an NPC does it, then you do not. I'm not sure about poison/acid damage doing it in at the end of a round.
Oops! Just wanna check if I got this right… This doesn't mean, that one doesn't do good in letting the magically gifted partymembers 'weaken' foes, which can then be killed off by the warriors of the party? The concious partymembers do share the XPs they get in fights, don't they?
Also, are there bonus-points given when a character gains a new level? And do these bonuses (if there are any) rise with the general level which is acquired?
And wouldn't you think that poison should do the trick of getting some points as well? I mean, you can use poison and acid kind of strategically. So why not get the credits for it?

2-many-questions-T

The party gets experience if ANY party member or summons kills enemies. NPCs are friendlies not in the party, like town guards.

So yeah, soften em up with magic and have your tanks go in for the kill. All conscious members share the x.p. And acid doesn't matter. You kill it, you get points.

Bonus points? You get some more hit points and magic energy. And five skill points. That's it.

- Nightowl2

Originally Posted By: Nightowl2
Bonus points? You get some more hit points and magic energy. And five skill points. That's it.

It depends on your character type. Sliths receive bonus levels in pole arms, which increase as you level up. Likewise nephils for missiles and gymnastics. Character traits such as elite warrior, nimble fingers, etc also give bonus levels in certain skills, and they too increase with your level.

Edit: divinely touched deserves a special mention as it increases three separate skills: blademaster, magery and sharpshooter.