Unstable Masses - Divide and Conquer (Spoiler)

Randomizer

The easiest way to deal with an unstable mass is with mage spells:

Click to reveal..
Use a slow spell to reduce the unstable mass' actions and only attack it during its slowed turn when it doesn't attack. Then daze it on the other turn and you usually can keep it from splitting. Stun works also but is harder.

For an Anama with only priest spells:

Click to reveal..
Now it's time to wear it down with heavy damage at the start. Then use control foe to convert a split unstable mass into an ally. Pick one that goes near the beginning of the round so it doesn't split until the next round after taking lots of damage from its friends. Or go for one near the end of the round so it can get destroyed by its friends. Either way their attacks weaken each other so they take more damage and divert attacks from you.

The Anama way also helps versus monsters that summon friends.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Yes in terms of doomguards won't split in that round, but they will split the next round even if not hit again [edit for clarification].
Oh, I see now. That's still a nice trick, two rounds of hitting for the price of one split. I rarely use the slow spell but I will keep it in mind for such fights in the future.