Protecting my source of knowledge brew

Bryce

There is plenty of time to wander down to Thalants, collect a reward and return to remove the giants as a threat. At least I

think so since I never checked. You can always save and see what happens. I know there is time to claim the Highground reward and go back to kill the giants.

I know if you leave Morbo alive and don't get back there quickly to kill him, that he disappears. No gazerskin sandals for you.

Yeah, I already lost Morbo (funny encounter!) but it's just as well because I'm a singleton and don't have any additional feet to put them on.

Anyhow, yes, I meant the Slith alchemist.

So as I'm understanding it, this is the sequence:

Send the giants to attack Muck.

Report this to the Vahnatai and Highground.

Kill the giant queen.

Report this to Muck.

Right? (For optimal rewards.)

Telling the giants to attack Muck doesn't really result in that much destruction. Every now and then, a giant or two will appear outside and attack the city when you're near it, but the guards can usually handle them. I've never seen them get as far as the alchemist.

I have, however, seen that one nephil village completely destroyed by undead, which was hilarious.

I did the sequence I mentioned above and got rewards from all 3 towns... duplicity for the win!

In a nice touch, some nephils from Highground attacked me on my way back. They might actually have killed me, but I ran back a few screens to the area that has patrollers from Muck, together we defeated them without serious trouble.

I am yet to see Muck be attacked by giants, although I've only been back to it maybe three times.

There is a source of knowledge crystals in the Vahnatai city, but they require focusing crystals and mandrake to make, and I have sold most of the focusing crystals I found, knowing that as a singleton I would have more awesome artifact armor and weapons than I knew what to do with anyway. (Which was true.)

Quote:
Originally written by Bryce:

There is a source of knowledge crystals in the Vahnatai city, but they require focusing crystals and mandrake to make, and I have sold most of the focusing crystals I found, knowing that as a singleton I would have more awesome artifact armor and weapons than I knew what to do with anyway. (Which was true.)
I forgot about this source. Don't they cost money to boot?