Crystal in jar

Blacknight

While rowing around the area before going down the rapids, I find Goodwife Amber (I think her name was - the one who tries to kill you with tea and who summons up a shade) who has a crystal in a jar under her house. The crystal can't be removed, and smashing it seems to have no effect. So what's to be done here? Is this crystal important? Is it removable later?

I think it's raw pragmatism. Heavily armed adventurers you just tried to poison? Give them stuff so that they'll hopefully let you live. Of course, she'd be much better off if she gave ingredients and promised more after the completion of a quest. There's nothing like quests to save NPCs from rampaging PCs.

—Alorael, who is in fact somewhat surprised that there aren't clever characters out there offering quests that can't be finished just to save themselves from wholesale slaughter.

Quote:
Originally written by Time Alone:
[QB—Alorael, who is in fact somewhat surprised that there aren't clever characters out there offering quests that can't be finished just to save themselves from wholesale slaughter.[/QB]
*cough* iron bars *cough*

...on that note, why is there no iron bar quest in A5? I collected like 80 by the end of the game before I realized that I was just toting around an absurd amount of weight for no reason. Yay new encumbrance rules!