GF2 - Is it possible to join multiple sects?

Same question from me but about GF1.

Can you join and leave each sect in turn? (if you have enough leadership to make sure none of the join quests conflict, for example, and say enough of the "right things")

Also, can you rejoin a sect after leaving it?

{{{{POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW}}}}

I also believe that in GF1 you can finish the game without aligning yourself in either sect and either using or not using the Geneforge, right?

Quote:
Originally written by Eugi:
I also believe that in GF1 you can finish the game without aligning yourself in either sect and either using or not using the Geneforge, right?
Yep. All you have to do is get to a boat so you can get off the island. You'll want to do something about the Geneforge situation if you want a good ending, though.

Anyway, it is indeed possible to join and leave multiple sects in the course of a single game. It requires you to manage your reputation and quests carefully, of course -- if you kill the Awakened leader for the Takers, you obviously won't be able to join the Awakened later on.

Quote:
Originally written by Infernal Flamming Muffin:
You can't in Geneforge 1 (at once) because you can't be with the obeyers and Awakened/Takers, and the Takers requier you to kill the Awakened leader (to join).
Not true. You can get in without killing him if you have 12 Leadership.

I seem to recall that I joined the Awakened, then the Takers, then the Barzites then the shapers to reap benefits. You can join the Awakened first and learn stuff at the Magus Complex. By keeping your reputation pro-servile, you can join the takers and betray them. After that, use Learned Darian to push you reputation towards the Shapers. Join the Shapers, betray them and finally meet up with the Barzites.

Quote:
Originally written by Eugi:
Same question from me but about GF1.

Can you join and leave each sect in turn? (if you have enough leadership to make sure none of the join quests conflict, for example, and say enough of the "right things")

Also, can you rejoin a sect after leaving it?

{{{{POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW}}}}

Certainly. But it is much more fun to become a God and exploit all of the servile saps to your ultimate, evil ends.

• 2 weeks later...

Question more about the Sholai then the sects. (For reference I first joined the Awakened, killed Control 4 and felt horrible for doing so, then joined the Obeyers and talked myself out of the quest. Finally joined the Takers and happily killed ALL of the Awakened as revenge for making me kill that innocent Servant Mind. I've also fed Control 2 instead of killing it, Shaped Shield be damned!)

So right now I'm curising along with the Taker Ammulet and meeting lots of friendly Sholai. Well, that's no fun! I want to kill them all for fun and profit! The problem is that killing the friendly Sholai in one area makes them ALL hostile (tested this a bit). There IS one point in the game where I actually lose the special item Amulet though... Would this make it possible for me to kill as many of Trajkov's Sholai as I can without repercussions?

For the end I'd like to deal with Trajkov a bit, take a dip in the Geneforge and then screw everyone totally over. Suggestions appreciated! (Oh and I'd kill all these Sholai after finishing with Trajkov but by then they'd give no exp frown ).

P.S: I haven't and don't plan on killing the "rebel" Sholai. They seem like nice people smile

When I attack the Sholai the Taker's Amulet becomes a Tarnished Amulet. I don't know if I can change it back by using an item editor or an in-game process.

Also, I don't know if it becoming Tarnished effects my relationship with the Takers.

I'm thinking that I'll wait till Crossroads and have my Amulet "stolen". Then do a test run by killing some Sholai, recovering the Amulet and seeing how other Sholai, the Takers and (if I have found him by that point) Trajkov react. If all goes well this will enable me to kill all the patrolling Sholai for fun and profit.

Also, is there a way to leave a sect other than joining another sect? I'm thinking of eventually either upsetting or killing off all the Takers (where you get the "they hate you now" message). Would that still count me as being part of the Takers or now being independant? Does the ending even reflect when you've slaughtered an entire sect?

Thanks!

Zeviz's special item editor should allow you to switch between the amulet and the tarnished amulet.

Presumably, making a sect hate you and/or killing its leader will end your alliance with them. Killing Trajkov will make the Takers hostile to you, at least. I have never tried it though.

The ending will change if you kill the leader of a sect, but it won't recognize that you've killed off everyone else.

Dikiyoba.

Posting here to avoid spamming new threads.

What's up with the "great secret" of GF1? And I don't mean the revelation regarding the Shapers, I mean the thing in Drayk's vale. MattP's hint sucks and I'm either doing something wrong or not getting lucky enough to get a drop.

Namely I'm touching the southernmost stone pillar, getting the "tingling sensation", moving clockwise around the outer perimeter of the map and touching the piller again only to "feel nothing". What gives?