Geneforge 2 cheat help

Quote:
Originally written by Nioca:
To my knowledge, I don't think there's a money cheat in any of the Geneforge games (I can't say for sure about G4... It's not released yet.).
I've never even needed a money cheat; you'd be surprised at how much cash is naturally available.

Thanks to my natural skills as a pack rat, I'm quite good at finding things to sell in all of Spiderweb's games, not just the Geneforge series.

Quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:
I scavenge everything and still have some problems with money in G2, because I buy all the training and spells.
I buy all the training I can too, but I really don't have problems with money. My secret is that I sell anything I don't want or need--and that has resale value. wink

When I scavenge for items to sell, nothing is sacred; I'll take anything that's not nailed down--as well as a few things that are. And sometimes, especially in G1, when I feel I don't need a sect anymore, I'll make them hostile to me so I can kill them to sell their stuff. :rolleyes:

I'll have you know I never beat a Spiderweb game without cheating (making myself more powerful, not looking at puzzle answers). The same goes for every game I ever played except for World of Warcraft, but I would cheat at that if I could. You see, I don't play games for a challenge, though I get the impression that most people do. I play solely for story, kind of an alternative to reading those fantasy novels you see at the book store. Who reads those anyway? It's a matter of why you game, really.

Quote:
Originally written by Teuz:
Expecially I use editors when I accidentally use a canister before teaching twice a spell. This because I played GF3 first than the other two.
You don't really need the editors if you just reload your game when you accidentally use a canister.

In GF1, I don't think you can buy too much training anyway, it mainly comes from canisters.

In GF2 & GF3, I buy all the training I can get before using the canisters.

well in "Gamewinners" the cheat lists are not always reliable... for example:

if you go to the G2, G3 pages then you would see this line

"Turn current area green on Sucia Island world map clearthisarea"

in G1 u r in Sucia Island but not in G2 nor G3... some of these cheats don't work becuase they are not compatible for the version of the game... i have found that not many works in "all" 3 versions.

Quote:
Originally written by TAKE ALL:
well in "Gamewinners" the cheat lists are not always reliable.
I try to rely as little as possible on cheat codes for that reason. And one cheat code I found (though it was for an 8-bit nintendo game) actually killed my character. mad

I normally only visit sites like GameWinners or GameFAQs to get hints on how to complete part of a game; sometimes I've even found that my way was better! winkcool