Angry Man

The guy in Fort Wilton that "Does not want to speak to you about anything but why you broke into his house", what is his deal? Did Jess suddenly get an urge to create something realistic, or is there a plot or quest in there somewhere?

I know that if you open the door and wait for him to wander out, you can plunder his cabinet for some money and a good crystal.

I don't think there's any quest involved here. If you play other spiderweb games, you realize that Jeff likes to poke a little fun at the gamer. After all, in order to play his games, you're character(s) have to break into all sorts of places, many of which are people's homes.

How would you feel if you were at home watching tv and some guy busted into your house? Would you feel better about it if he then insisted he was doing it b/c he was on a quest to save the world?

Quote:
Originally written by Dolphin.:
Quote:
Originally written by Hectonkhyres:
If its a shaper, I would get on one knee and offer whatever services he might need. I favor my life.
Um, the angry man is a townsperson, not a Shaper; Meeting his needs is unnecessary.
If it's a Shaper you spot breaking into your house. Duh.

Quote:
There was something like that in Avernum 3 where going into one house makes it say there is a family having dinner screaming at you to leave. I mean really how would you react if someone just barged into your house.
And in Exile 3 there was a blademaster in Storm Port (IIRC) that would attack you when you barged in his room. smile

In Geneforge the town hostility is measured more gradually than just being caught stealing or killing someone. For instance, stealing from and killing serviles in Geneforge 1 can go on for a while before a town will become hostile. There are different thresholds.

But I don't know specifically what it is in this case.

Quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:
In Bolton there was an acolyte who was hostile by mistake - if you charm him, you'll find out that he's an identifier.
Slightly off topic, but if you completed the Slime quest, he was friendly.

On topic, not everyone likes the Shapers. Sure, it wouldn't do to get mad at them - look at Lankan, but there are people in the story who don't like them - some of them are even Shapers!

No, I mean in Geneforge 1 a shaper walking into a serviles house is like the Queen of England walking into the house of some farmer in a small town. In Geneforge 3, a shaper walking into the house of someone in dhonal's island is like a member of parliament walking into the house of some businessman in london.

• 4 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally written by Walter:
No, I mean in Geneforge 1 a shaper walking into a serviles house is like the Queen of England walking into the house of some farmer in a small town. In Geneforge 3, a shaper walking into the house of someone in dhonal's island is like a member of parliament walking into the house of some businessman in london.
Very good analogy there.

I enjoyed seeing a more civilized area in Geneforge 3, getting to see what a well-established Shaper colony looks like. The ruins of Geneforge 1 were a nice tantilizing glimpse, the wilds of Geneforge 2 were rather chaotic, so it was nice to explore a "regular" settlement.