which is the best? shapers, agents, or guardians

The agent is probably the most COMBAT CAPABLE character. For example, if you take away the shaping skills, you have what the character by him/herself contributes to the battle. Shapers have one OK skill and one bad skill. Guardians have one good and one bad. Agents have one good and one ok skill. Therefore, agents are the best when by themselves. It does not mean that they are the best characters overall. It just means they need the least amount of help, which is probably why they have such weak shaping skill. The simply don't need a massive army. A shaper needs creations because by himself, he just plain sucks. And a Guardian....well you get the idea.

I prefer the Agent. I can do nearly the the entire game with little or no help, and since I'm a strange person who's concerned about the welfare of little electronic creatures, I like not having to worry about any of them.

I took a roamer and the thlad out of bondage and "freed" them in the woods. How weird is that?

Mac

• 6 months later...

Max Parry, achieved at around level 17 (I don't remember exactly), gives you:

50% chance to reflect enemy's attack back onto him (makes tough enemies kill themselves, but doesn't work on ranged attacks)

50% chance to completely avoid attack

50% chance to strongly decrease damage (resulting in almost no damage if you are wearing heavy armor)

So with maxed out Parry, you have only 12.5% chance of taking damage from a successful melee hit and 25% of taking damage from a successful long range hit.

When it comes down to a fight the guardian would win every time. If both were loyalist the guardian would plough through battle alphas and glaahks and chop up the shaper or parry spells and chop up the agent. As canister user the guardian would plough through Ur-Drakons, Rotdhizons and eyebeasts then chop the shaper up or take the hits from the spell and chop the agent up. coollaughcoollaugh:peek

Quote:
Originally written by Ghaldrings_doom:
When it comes down to a fight the guardian would win every time. If both were loyalist the guardian would plough through battle alphas and glaahks and chop up the shaper or parry spells and chop up the agent. As canister user the guardian would plough through Ur-Drakons, Rotdhizons and eyebeasts then chop the shaper up or take the hits from the spell and chop the agent up. coollaughcoollaugh:peek
You wish

Quote:
quote:
Originally written by Ghaldrings_doom:
When it comes down to a fight the guardian would win every time. If both were loyalist the guardian would plough through battle alphas and glaahks and chop up the shaper or parry spells and chop up the agent. As canister user the guardian would plough through Ur-Drakons, Rotdhizons and eyebeasts then chop the shaper up or take the hits from the spell and chop the agent up.
You wish
No Actually I dont wish.

High QA will allow the Guardian to go first. Guardian can pump out drayks to handle the shapers creation, then just rush up and kill the shaper with one strike.

If the Shaper is not within range, hideing somewhere, the guardian can just let hsi creations take the biggest hit of the Shapers creations, and then finish them off with his high damage-deaing attacks.

G2 Parry makes the guardian almost invincible, not to mention all those HP and armor %.