Trajakov must of been a great guy

I think we all remember the supposed villian of them all, the leader of the Sholhia. He must of been one of the most ethical people on the planet before he took canisters, because, even when he used the Geneforge, he retained humanity. Thats something your personal character couldn't manage. And Gottesch was a bastard even with just canisters.

First of all, his name is Trajkov of the Sholai.

Second, yes, he probably was a good type of person before he found the canisters and the Geneforge. How you deal with Trajkov relates to your ethics.

Dikiyoba was disappointed the first time Dikiyoba's character used the Geneforge. Dikiyoba made the mistake of clearing out every other section beforehand so there was no one left to pummel with the new-found abilities.

There may not be such a connection. If the geneforge works just like the canisters, then it reacts differently with different people, but there's no evidence that how "moral" they are has any effect on this. I always believed it was physiological. Some people just don't have strong enough genes it takes to absorb the power without the bad side effects.

Originally by Zeviz:

Quote:
From what I understood, Shapers are at least a different ethnicity from other humans,
Probably not. The games always start you off as an apprentice who has only been recently selected to become a Shaper after years of hard work and study. To me, that makes it sound like Shapers and everyone else (besides the Sholai) are the same race. Besides, there don't seem to be enough married or dating Shapers (or young Shaper children, for that matter) to maintain themselves as a distinct race.

Originally by The Ripper:

Quote:
If the geneforge works just like the canisters, then it reacts differently with different people, but there's no evidence that how "moral" they are has any effect on this.
Dikiyoba thinks that perhaps retaining self-control is less about morals and more about willpower. Trajkov had just enough willpower to remain himself after using the Geneforge and also had enough morals to make a decent leader, but the two may or may not be related.

Quote:
Originally written by Maxmillion:
And Gottesch was a bastard even with just canisters.
Did he use canisters? I recall him wanting to use the Geneforge, but I don't remember any mention of canisters. If someone finds discarded canister husks in his temple, let me know.

Quote:
Originally written by The Ripper:
I always believed it was physiological. Some people just don't have strong enough genes it takes to absorb the power without the bad side effects.
Hooray, for I agree. The canisters alter your DNA. The human genome has some huge number of sequences -- in the millions I think -- so the number altered or the importance of those changed seem to vary not only from person to person, but from canister to canister. Example 1: Geneforge 2 had a crazed Guardian-wannabe in Rising whose use of the canisters made him violent and confused. Example 2: Geneforge 3 included the use of three canisters by the leader of the Besieged Camp on the Isle of Spears; they only made him feel warm, he said, but the third one gave him flaking skin.

Quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:
... From what I understood, Shapers are at least a different ethnicity from other humans, and Shloai are yet another ethnicity ...
See the other thread concerning just that!

Quote:
Originally written by Nick Ringer:
Quote:
Originally written by Maxmillion:
And Gottesch was a bastard even with just canisters.
Did he use canisters? I recall him wanting to use the Geneforge, but I don't remember any mention of canisters. If someone finds discarded canister husks in his temple, let me know.
There is a couple by the south entrance.