new scenario?

dram

Hmm. I am no scripter. Just pushing a few people and hoping they will produce a nice new dungeon for me to chop holes in. I wouldn't mind being a beta tester. Been on vacation for a week.

How about some insane ideas for Avernum dungeons.

1. As fas as I can tell there has never been a solid desert scenario in Avernum. (I don't see any really decent desert or ruin graphics in Exile or Avernum.) In fact I am wondering if there is such a thing as a desert in Avernum. Maybe an unpassable desert where everyone who has tried to cross it has died would be nice. The Sahara desert was never crossed by Europeans until the twentieth century. It could be a true death trap-- sand storms, heat damage during the day, unpassable fiery landscape, sink holes, all sorts of horrid new critters-- giant scorpions, a dead kingdom in the center of the desert. Crazed religious fanatic Nephilim who travel by night.

2. Where are the barbarians -- every decent empire has at one point had to face barbarian invaders which have nearly brought them to their knees. The sliths are supposed to be this, but they don't strike me as particularly barbaric. (Maybe they might come out of the desert wastelands which Avernum has never had.) Hint, hint wink

3. Erika Reborn. The great Nephil Shaman Orgun Khan from the deserts of Zahaduen has gone down into Avernum and resurrected Erika to torture her and learn of her magic. He holds her for a long time imprisoning her soul in a soul crystal. Erika eventually escapes learning of an artifact called the Amulet of the Blood Moon from Orghuns library. Supposedly if a vampire wears it, the day will become as night to him and he will be able to move about during the day. Erika thinks that if she gets the amulet and becomes a vampire lord she may be able to return to the surface of the Empire despite the curse. However the amulet is in the lost city of Urik in the desert of Zahaduen. Every attempt by Erika to send creatures to retrieve it has failed. She teleports you in and asks you to retrieve the amulet. Then she disappears quickly. Orgun Khan teleports in surrounded by raksasha, demons, and henchmen and makes a counteroffer...

I'm producing a scenario based on a ported Blades of Exile scenario of mine from a while back.

A few of the guys (Edit: and gals of course, how sexist of me) might remember me yapping on about it then

It's called Questionable Ethics.

Im on holiday in america for two weeks from the 24th but after that I'm going to do some serious work on it.

Obviously I'll let you know as i progress and when beta testers are required etc.

Edit: It's only 2x2 outdoor sections so I should have neatened up the terrain from the port fairly soon then try and rescue some of the encounters, the exit scenario one still works, woohoo!