Avernum 2 Singleton[Almost]

So I've been playing through as a two character party, and am getting my butt handed to me on a nice avernite platter.

I remember in previous games (A3, Nethergate etc.) a singleton's power grew exponentially. Slow at first, but then continually faster until the end of the game you had a /really/ good character.

The logic of this seems simple: More party == more ways to divide xp.

Did A2 NOT divide xp amongst party members? Or am I just not doing enough of the side quests?

You gain levels slower as you go up in levels. Your two characters won't be twice as high in level as a party of four, but they will be quite a few levels higher.

—Alorael, who thinks it's worth pointing out that singletons are considered challenging. Doubletons are still challenging.

Mystic: I was really talking about E3 and BoE, where it's a challenge but certainly not impossible to pull off. I can't say I've ever played Exile 1, though out of the Avernum's I think A1 was the hardest in the early goings and thus the roughest on singletons.

Mars: I have absolutely no idea what you just said. Oh, and congrats on your canning.

Quote:
Originally written by The Mystic:
I agree, especially if you're referring to E1. That one can be really tough, even with a full party.
Exile I was incredibly easy; spiders didn't shoot webs. Now in Exile 2, there were many occasions where I had to quit the program because I was continually getting webbed...

Quote:
Originally written by National Champion UF Gators-- Again:
Mystic: I was really talking about E3 and BoE, where it's a challenge but certainly not impossible to pull off.
Oh.

I've never tried either one as a singleton (and probably never will), so I'll take your word for it.
Quote:
Originally written by Lt. Sullust:
Exile I was incredibly easy; spiders didn't shoot webs.
That may be true, but my playing style makes it rather tough, as I prefer first to train everyone in my party as both priests and mages.

Edit: Web-shooting spiders were never a problem for me, though.