Solo party recommendations

my opinion is:dont play solo smile

well i would like to do it but is surely is so hard and im very impatient

i think that tou should play with a slith berseker,divinely touched,spells is not the grat difficulty because there is a lot of potion,scrolls etc,and anyway buying magic substitutes is a must to do if you decided to solo play the game in first place

Natural Mage is essential if you're going to use mage spells, but priest spells are more essential and fighting is pretty necessary too. Unless you want to spread everything out, a fighter-priest with no mage spells is probably the way to go, and Natural Mage isn't worth it.

Divinely Touched makes you slightly better at everything and gives you three once per day abilities, two of which are useless and one of which gives you Divine Aid, which is a very strong blessing, haste, and so much shielding you might as well be invulnerable.

—Alorael, who has nothing more to add except that Strong WIll is suppsedly very useful for not getting your singleton brain fried. It's crippling when there's no one else to heal it.

Quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:
Natural Mage only gives a tiny bonus to spellcasting anyway. At level 1 it's significant, but it doesn't increase as you gain levels. (Note: this is based on my testing of the Natural Mage trait in BoA, but it probably works the same way in the series Avernums.)
I choose Natural Mage not for the bonus but because it allows you to cast even when wearing the better types of armor. Since as a singleton everyone is going to be aiming at me, good and great armor becomes a necessity.

well personally my first charac (he ins't alone but it won't bother him to be) has just enought mage kevels to haste him and enought priest levels to make guard fear smile and all the rest is in dexterity so that he is good with crossbows and swords. I also take some point in first aid, I discovered it to finally be useful (200 points healing even once a day, it is interesting)

And I dont bother him with rooms for items, I have allways with me my iventory full of useless items like dices or almaria yellow or cups, so that it is more roleplay.