Geneforge crossover ideas

6 hours ago, ultra112 said:

Come to think of it I came across a crossover quest sometime ago, the guy who made this quest had a Shaper being thrown into the Game of thrones world and it's a rather interesting one; which contains intriguing views coming from the shaper's pov, link's down below if anyone is interested.

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/a-shaper-of-ice-and-fire-geneforge-got-crossover.6028/reader/

A Shaper in a law magic world would soon be a power center

28 minutes ago, ultra112 said:

Seems likely, if I'm not mistaken the magic in the game of thrones' world isn't exactly powerful compare to what a shaper can do

That's what I mean with the "low magic" world. One of the biggest acts of magic in the books were the red-haired witch that was supporting Stannis Baratheon SHAPING a shade - or giving birth to a shadow demon. And using magic to shape herself young. 

Pffft. I say PFFFT. A shaper would laugh with that n0000b. 

Also, for GoT, let's define some things. 

Do we mean Shaper as in "loyalist" ? Do we mean Shaper as Lifecrafter? 

Because a Barzite in GoT world would act very differently than a Shaper. A Taker would do his or her thing, free from the oppressive weight of the Shapers. An Awakened now... 

that is a hard one. They are not adverse to power and they are pro-Shaper ideas with the exception of Creation rights. An Awakened would probably not be fine with some of the things, the few things, mages do in GoT. I don't just mean Shaping a Shade to kill a competitor, but also what that priest of light did with saving someone from the dead. 

An Awakened or a Shaper now, would also try to deal with that strange disease we saw in the tv series (I have read up to book 4 and not all of it, so some things I saw only on the series which I watched till season 6; not season 7 or 8). 

A taker would probably take the side of the deformed people with the disease that go mad and try to cure them and/or make them into an army so that those dregs of society could Take their Free.

A Shaper would try to contain them first and then, if possible cure.

An Awakened would probably bring a compassionate approach of healing and containment till those going mad had to be put down. I THINK. 

A Barzite would weaponize the disease and try to Shape it in a way that it would give him control of the people affected by it. Because Barzites are mostly evil control freaks. 

Any input here? 

I think I am spot on the "expected", middle-of-the-pack Shaper and Taker reply to that disease that turned people to mad disfigured people. 

But I am not sure on the Awakened and Barzite response. 

Edited by alhoon

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, alhoon said:

That's what I mean with the "low magic" world. One of the biggest acts of magic in the books were the red-haired witch that was supporting Stannis Baratheon SHAPING a shade - or giving birth to a shadow demon. And using magic to shape herself young. 

Pffft. I say PFFFT. A shaper would laugh with that n0000b. 

Also, for GoT, let's define some things. 

Do we mean Shaper as in "loyalist" ? Do we mean Shaper as Lifecrafter? 

Because a Barzite in GoT world would act very differently than a Shaper. A Taker would do his or her thing, free from the oppressive weight of the Shapers. An Awakened now... 

that is a hard one. They are not adverse to power and they are pro-Shaper ideas with the exception of Creation rights. An Awakened would probably not be fine with some of the things, the few things, mages do in GoT. I don't just mean Shaping a Shade to kill a competitor, but also what that priest of light did with saving someone from the dead. 

An Awakened or a Shaper now, would also try to deal with that strange disease we saw in the tv series (I have read up to book 4 and not all of it, so some things I saw only on the series which I watched till season 6; not season 7 or 8). 

A taker would probably take the side of the deformed people with the disease that go mad and try to cure them and/or make them into an army so that those dregs of society could Take their Free.

A Shaper would try to contain them first and then, if possible cure.

An Awakened would probably bring a compassionate approach of healing and containment till those going mad had to be put down. I THINK. 

A Barzite would weaponize the disease and try to Shape it in a way that it would give him control of the people affected by it. Because Barzites are mostly evil control freaks. 

Any input here? 

I think I am spot on the "expected", middle-of-the-pack Shaper and Taker reply to that disease that turned people to mad disfigured people. 

But I am not sure on the Awakened and Barzite response. 

Wow that's a very in-depth look at the reaction from all of the factions, but I would be more incline to loyalist or awakened.

Edited by ultra112

2 hours ago, ultra112 said:

Also going back to Ravenloft, I wonder what the reaction will the big time heroic npc like Ezmerelda Radanavich or Rudolph van Richten have when they meet a shaper?

I would say that depends heavily on the Shaper, but I would assume Ezmeralda would be more understanding while VRichten would be more cautious. 

45 minutes ago, ultra112 said:

I wonder if the Shaper in question could help regrow Ezmeralda's leg?

I  would expect not. While they do healing their services are not for free and I am not sure that Shapers do regrow limbs for people. A lifecrafter that was skilled enough probably. If Ezmeralda could pay - or the Shaper needed her services and goodwill and the shaper had the necessary skill perhaps. 

But I am not sure new-version Ezmeralda would even want to be indebted to a strange mage she doesn't know for him to use on her powers she doesn't understand in order to regrow her leg. 

I don't know the Order of the Guardians and the Dawnslayers bring only a vague familiarity with the name, but the Keepers of the Feather would probably give the Shaper a wide berth and even spy to see that he is not going to fall under Strahd's thrall or he isn't going to be a know-it-all butthole that looks down on non-shapers and oppresses his Creations. And unless the Shaper is a rebel, they will be disappointed. I do not think they would move against the Shaper though just for this.  

Now, if the Shaper you are talking about is a Drakon Lifecrafter... that is a very very different discussion. Ravenloft is a land of prejudices. 

Edited by alhoon

How has nobody mentioned Pokemon? Not really my jam, but the idea of a "master" summoning monsters to fight in their stead is spot on. Every time I conjure up a creation I feel like I'm tossing out a poke ball. Occasionally, I'll even loudly proclaim, "Fyora! I choose you!" much to the surprise and confusion of everyone else at Starbucks.

Now that you mentioned it, in mutagen when you are engaged in a battle with the enhanced sholais outside of the gates of the vat lab; the sholai will throw a gourd to the ground which will bring forth multiple creations to aid them, when I saw this I thought that "OMG, did Jeff just throw in a pokemon reference here?" 

So I downloaded a Ask AI app and posted a question there about what will happen if a Shaper were to be thrown into the world of Fable and encounters the younger version of the Hero of Oakvale and took him in  as their apprentice and train him in the art of Shaping and here is what it said

"If a Shaper from the world of Geneforge were to be thrown into the nation of Albion from the world of Fable and encountered a younger version of the Hero of Oakvale, taking him in as an apprentice and teaching him the art of Shaping, it would create a fascinating and unique storyline blending elements from both worlds.

The Hero of Oakvale is a legendary figure in the Fable universe, known for their heroic deeds and their journey to become a powerful hero. If the Hero were to become an apprentice to the Shaper and learn the art of Shaping, it would provide an interesting twist to their story and open up new possibilities for both characters.

As the Hero of Oakvale learns the art of Shaping from the Shaper, they would gain access to a new set of abilities and powers that are different from the traditional magic and combat skills they are familiar with. The Hero's journey would likely involve mastering the complexities of Shaping, understanding the implications of creating and controlling living creatures, and grappling with the ethical dilemmas that come with wielding such power.

The Shaper, on the other hand, would have the opportunity to pass on their knowledge and expertise to a new generation, potentially shaping the Hero of Oakvale into a unique and powerful individual with a combination of skills from both worlds.

Together, the Shaper and the Hero of Oakvale could embark on adventures, facing challenges that require a blend of traditional heroics and the unconventional powers of Shaping. Their partnership could lead to new discoveries, alliances, and conflicts as they navigate the complexities of both the Fable and Geneforge worlds.

Overall, this scenario would result in a thrilling and unpredictable storyline that combines elements of fantasy, adventure, and ethical dilemmas, offering a fresh perspective on both characters and their respective worlds."

Come to think of it I do wonder how will a shaper defeat Strahd von Zarovich if they ever able to reach to that point?

Depends on the Shaper's level and the Shaper's preparedness, really. Strahd is similar to a nasty agent, IMO. 
- He is strong in magic.
- He is modest in attacks - and has "leaching" attacks
- He is meh in minion-mancy; aka making golems (gargoyles) and undead and of course, something the Shaper could immediately misconstrue as Shaping: The Strahd's Malferic Meld spell which he uses to make... Creations. But his creations are pffft, compared to the power of Strahd. 

So, while Strahd is a mid-to-high level boss for a party, a Shaper makes his party. And he knows many of the tricks Strahd uses.
And of course, a Shaper that had time to prepare a bunch of essence pods and healing potions would have an advantage that Strahd cannot anticipate: re-making his party. 

The Shaper can also provide both healing/buffs like a healer and offensive spells like a sorcerer albeit weaker than both. 

A Guardian would have the most "traditional" approach, I think. Make some creations for back-up and rely on his abilities and items. Like a high level fighter surrounded by a few lower-level supporters. Strahd has his tricks and traps to fall back to though but again, the Guardian can remake some of his support depending on the essence. 

An Agent... Well, there are those traps that Strahd made to turn against Strahd and an Agent is a fighting mage with a little support. But an agent that has mostly invested in mind magic will be at a disadvantage. 

Hmm interesting, I suppose that a shaper with enough amount of essence and healing items could make due with contending with Strahd, I suppose Strahd would be surprise when a Shaper remakes his creations on the spot and re-enters the fray. also Strahd is weak to radiant damage right, I wonder if shaping a cockatrice against him would be suitable?

9 minutes ago, ultra112 said:

Hmm interesting, I suppose that a shaper with enough amount of essence and healing items could make due with contending with Strahd, I suppose Strahd would be surprise when a Shaper remakes his creations on the spot and re-enters the fray. also Strahd is weak to radiant damage right, I wonder if shaping a cockatrice against him would be suitable?

I was not impressed with the cockatrice so I never Shaped it. I haven't considered whether it does radiant damage. I faced a few in mutagen and I remember little from them.

Rly? The Cockatrice is really that bad to you?

Consider that I made my first roamer that was not pyroroamer in GF1-M after playing GF2-5. That I have made a battle Alpha in GF4 for 5 minutes before reload and GF5 for a few mins. I have never seen, let alone made, an Eyebeast. I have never made an Ur-Drakon and this is the first game that I can actually make one. I have never made an ornk nor I ever managed to get their hidden canisters