How do I delete buildings? [QW2]

Cory

Loving the game, but it seems like it's not possible to delete buildings to conserve resources. If I'm missing something, could you let me know? (Deleting the building seems to not save anything) If this isn't possible, it should be added.

I didn't realize I had to stockpile stone, made the Ro mad, and now I'm permanently debuffed in order to fund a couple bakeries. That feels like a bit of a "gotcha" in an otherwise great game.

Edited by Cory
Specify #1 not #2

• Cory changed the title to How do I delete buildings? [QW2]

There was a change between the two games on how resources were spent on shops so you can no longer delete buildings to conserve resources. Once bought , they are a fixed cost even if not built because you lack money for a site or other reasons.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. We are not responsible for lost sanity. :)

Glad to know I'm not missing anything and agree on the sanity element!

What feels a little more annoying about this is (a) it doesn't add to UI simplicity [you can still delete buildings] (b) it's unpredictable earlier in the game, so I would have had to know that I should stockpile stone 40 hours of gametime ago or I'd get a massive debuff (c) it doesn't add to realism because I'm walking around in falling apart gear to support artisanal baked goods.

I'll roll with some impossible boss fights. I definitely see that in a 'real' fantasy world there would be uniquely difficult fights. But not ones that would be difficult because of a bakery. [Edit: honestly just considering using the anti-theft cheat code at this point. I would prefer to just mothball my buildings as I think I should get a theft penalty from various decisions I knew would anger the Ro, what's annoying is that I can only take the penalty as a character debuff]

Sidenote: QW I think does better with the difficult boss fights vs. Avadon. It was just so depressing in the latter to have my main character as a Shaman and then find out that she couldn't harm particular enemies that were entirely immune to her damage type.\\

Edited by Cory

On a future playthrough you can look at the links here to see which resources are available where and how to get them. That will help with planning. It will also show you where the "easy money" is so that you get the most for the least effort or least battle challenges. When you get ahead on resources its less stressfull. Also you can determine which buildings mean the most to you and your selected crew at the beginning and ignore the low-return buildings until you have an overload of resources later in the game. You can choose to only have a few building types and still do well in the game. Every new game can be totally different so that you can play for years without a duplicate. You set your own goals and strategy at each start. So manu options, so many choices, just like the dialogues and their outcomes.

Yup, I'll definitely stockpile way more. I think it's just annoying that my game is being held up by not being allowed to lay off some pastry chefs. 

I think I've grabbed most of the open resources, so not much to be done there. I'm completing the last area which will help somewhat, maybe to the point where I won't cheat.

Yeah, tbh I'm a completionist so it's hard for me to play many times. I really do take the time to read the dialogue and complete all the requests, probably 50+ hours per play.

Per above I might cheat but I did want to face a penalty for my choices to anger the Ro. I just don't see why it has to be that I built too many buildings so I lose equipment quality rather than losing buildings.