Top 5 Favorite Weapons

My favorite is the Pirate's Blade that you get from the vengeful shades on the small island north of Fort E. (You need the Orb of Thralni to get there)

With it, you regain hit points as you melee and it's also a powerful hand weapon. Although their are better weapons in the game, it takes a lot longer to get strong enough to reach them, and the sooner you can get a powerful upgrade, the more useful it is.

The really powerful items like the Fury Crossbow are great, but you only have them for a relatively small portion of the game. I value what I can use for most of the game. (Actually, once I get the Pirate's Blade, I use it for the rest of the game)

My second choice would be the Blessed Bow, for the same reasons.

I rather like the God Longsword from the HLP-

Oh? You mean in A3?

I fight with a Stick. As a singleton. On Hard.

It's actually rather fun, when you get high enough level. You just walk around killing Alien Beasts with one hit from a stick. Although that's not to say I haven't used the Character Editor quite a bit.

• 1 month later...

The Radiant Slith Spear you get from a nest guarded by a Shambler in Upper Avernum. You need to go up the river by boat (you get it in New Cotra, I believe, but it's been a while since I've played) until you reach a swamp. Travel through the swamp and when you get to the nest and take the spear, the shambler attacks you.

And AFAIR, there are several different spellshards. Once each day, you can use it to cast a spell. I think. I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally written by The Almighty Doer of Stuff:
The Radiant Slith Spear you get from a nest guarded by a Shambler in Upper Avernum. You need to go up the river by boat (you get it in New Cotra, I believe, but it's been a while since I've played) until you reach a swamp. Travel through the swamp and when you get to the nest and take the spear, the shambler attacks you.
And AFAIR, there are several different spellshards. Once each day, you can use it to cast a spell. I think. I could be wrong.
Spellshards, are similar to mindcrystals then, where as mind crystals give you an ability, these are a spell

Mind Crystals permanently give a character an ability or skill boost. Spellshards are items that can be used once per day to cast a spell, but they don't teach a character the spell.

The Fungoid Spine is a moderately good weapon that adds acid damage, I believe. It's also cursed, but that's easy enough to fix. I don't remember where I got it, but I do rememeber that I had better weapons when I did. It's not a major quest to find it.

—Alorael, who dropped by Rache's walkthrough to find that the Fungoid Spine is obtained by killing the Experimental Fungus in the back of Erika's Tower. Walkthroughs are your friends.