Secret doors, switches and sell prices...

Hi all,

I've only been playing for a few hours, but I haven't seen any of the secret door buttons in Mutagen like I did in previous Spiderweb games.  Are there any?  

There was a lever in one of the early areas (either docks or quarantine) which didn't seem to do anything.  Am I missing something?

Also, do sell prices ever improve significantly?  

Thanks!

Prices - There are discounts from merchants of the faction that you join so hold off on some purchases if you plan on joining up with a side.

No secret door buttons.

Some levers are not near the passage that they open or you need enough mechanics with or without living tools to move it.

13 hours ago, Buzko said:

There was a lever in one of the early areas (either docks or quarantine) which didn't seem to do anything.  Am I missing something?

As Randomizer said, they may open/unlock a door in the general vicinity but not right next to you.  Also, if there's a door that seems like it 'should' open, look around really closely.  Jeff likes to stick levers so that they're mostly hidden behind a post or something similar.

Iirc prices are 25% of an item's stated 'value'.  So unless it has a value of 4 or more (or stacks into multiple units), it's not worth picking up & hauling around until you can sell it.

Have fun

1 hour ago, TriRodent said:

As Randomizer said, they may open/unlock a door in the general vicinity but not right next to you.  Also, if there's a door that seems like it 'should' open, look around really closely.  Jeff likes to stick levers so that they're mostly hidden behind a post or something similar.

Occasionally, you'll also find a lever on both sides of a door, both of which are used for the same door, just allowing access no matter which way you came.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, OmegaNecros said:

@TriRodentYou dont have to haul selling items around. Your junk pack is nigh infinite storage explicitly for us loot goblins, but you can only take things out of it in town.

Right, but I was talking about hauling around non stackable items with a value of three or less.  You can't sell them so there's really no reason to haul them around (unlimited space or not - perhaps if you were trying to remove every item from an area) either in your inventory (which you seem to think I was implying) or in the junk bag (where I put everything that 'can' be sold)