i do not understand AP penelty

Quote:
Originally written by Atropine:
This is one of those things that was changed between Avernum 3 and BoA. In A3, it's actually Hardiness that reduces your encumbrance, not Defence.
Thankyou, i think that will help me alot, after Avernum 1 and 2 i decided that Hardiness was useless and never have put like no points in it.

Quote:
Originally written by chicho:
i remember taht in exile i really had troubles with encumbrance, specially with the mages, basically cause i didn't understand encumbrance
Mages should have the skill Natural Mage if you want them to wear any kind of armour at all, since they will not be able to cast anything above Slow if they have one level of encumberance.

Plus it gives them a bonus to spell casting anyway.

Quote:
Originally written by SupaNik:
[QBMages should have the skill Natural Mage if you want them to wear any kind of armour at all, since they will not be able to cast anything above Slow if they have one level of encumberance.
Plus it gives them a bonus to spell casting anyway.[/QB]
I had 9 years by then, and i don´t even know a little of english in that time...but well now i understand it laugh

Quote:
Originally written by chicho:
so,anyone know how works the anatomy skill?
is just for the absolutely useless first aid or it work for kill better some monsters too?
First aid isn't useless at all! I for the first time used it now, while playing Bahs, and could easily fully heal my warriors who had 150 health pints to heal. Try to do that with a healing potion, without having the use all the potions first!

Quote:
Originally written by Imban:
I don't think anyone here suggested that healing potions were terribly useful, either. Sure, I could drink a Healing Elixir, but I could also just cast Healing to do better than that for like 2 SP.
Yes, I would have done the same, but try to do that when both your mage and priest have an SP of 0 and 1. It wouldn't work quite easily, would it.

Quote:
Originally written by Structured Water:
Anatomy lets you do a little extra damage against humanoid monsters, like nephilim, sliths, ogres, or Empire soldiers.
It's also quite expensive though, and in Avernum 3 especially, when you hit the damage cap early on, it just doesn't make sense to go for it.

BoA makes it all a lot better.

First Aid though... it can be useful, but only if you have no energy potions or alchemical ingrediants. Otherwise, as Imban observed, it's easier to cast Heal. Plus, heal is guarenteed to restore HP. First Aid can kill you. Not too clever when that happens either.