Spiderweb ruined RPGs for me

Earth

Tried old (early-mid 90s) RPGs and just couldn't withstand those after spending years in Avernums (orig. trilogies and remakes) and Avadons and bit in Exiles and even played Witcher (Enchanted Edition) but even that has just "sit" there waiting that I return to it and also tried Tower of time (quite close to SW-games) but needing to find 3rd companion somewhere (no clear idea at where even I have read where he is supposed to be) to advance on story and kill "bit" too deadly monsters (several waves, comparable to that time when Sliths occupied Formello area in Avernum 6) and unlocking more areas etc that way.

So yea Spidwerweb RPGs ruined other RPGs for me.

On 3/13/2022 at 8:46 AM, Earth said:

So yea Spidwerweb RPGs ruined other RPGs for me.

I know what you mean - other RPGs don't really scratch the itch. That being said, you might want to give Eschalon a try. Those 3 games are the closest in feel that I've seen yet. The first game is free, so you aren't out anything if it doesn't trip your trigger.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2022 at 12:26 PM, Randomizer said:

Some Eschalon game might not run on newer Apple computers.

The first one is free to download, and unfortunately it's going to take a lot of effort to get it to run on my Linux machine. I don't have the time set out to tinker with software these days, so that's a bummer. The game seems very "Spider-webery" from watching a bit of a Let's Play. All things considered, it's quite disappointing as the game looks like a lot of fun to play.