Junk bag full of "Unused"?

shimmelz

I loaded a quicksave from yesterday, and found my entire junk bag full of some item that has the icon of dagger with the name "Unused". I'm talking about dozens of these items and they are preventing me from adding anything to the junk bag. I can't sell them to any vendor, and manually dropping each one would take forever. Is there any cheat code or equivalent to just get rid of all of them?

Relaod from an early saved game that still has the correct items in your junk bag. This is one reason to have several different saved games so you don't lose too much time if you have to go back to a different save.

This is a reoccurring bug seen in other games. It may be tied to having too many items loaded into the junk bag.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. Or drop it into your junk bag as see what it becomes. :)

3 minutes ago, shimmelz said:

Unfortunately the bug also seemed to delete all items from nests/jars/chests that I haven't already opened. Lost an hour or two from my last manual save but better than no loot for the rest of the game.

That is supposed to be a separate and irreproducible bug that has appeared before, too. I've had it and started from my last save  while doing everything the same without it happening again for the rest of the game.

Yeah, it's been around a while & in all my decades of playing/replaying SW games I've never seen it.  So if you haven't run into it, don't stress out about it as you, probably, won't see it.

That said, you've got 20 (?ish) save slots, use them.  Every time I enter a new zone I safe immediately with the name of that zone, and then use quick save throughout the zone (or if there's a major decision point, save again).  Worst case I have to restart the zone.  By the time you have used up all the slots, you're far enough into the game that it's no big deal to overwrite the earlier ones as you probably wouldn't want to replay all those hours anyway (or if you're 'really' worried, you can always go to the SW folder in 'Documents' (Windows anyway) & copy all those save files somewhere & label them as 'early game' or 1st 20 or some such coding system.  And then 5 years from now you'll be cleaning up files/folders & wonder just why you did that way back when ... but I digress...)