Stuck with Glorious Spear quest

lucabar

I am missing the Glitterstone, I know it's sold by Obro but no dialogue option appears - stuck in the loop ' i don't have anything interesting except intricate stones etc'. then when i go to Ybsal's shop I see that there is a Glitterstone in her chest... coincidence? have i given it to her in a previous trip? still, even if that was the case i have the other three but she keeps saying not enough.

You can get it made with 4 of the 5 stones from the Vol. You can get a stone in the Smoky Peaks when you pick a side either when fighting there or visiting if you picked the other side.

I don't know why you can't buy from Obro since I remember being able to buy more than one Glitterstone from him.

first of all, apologies for posting on the other topic. also, i see that Osnola's post came basically at the same time as mine.

at this point, i am inclined to think that there may be a bug. i re-checked all the locations for Brainstone and Nullstone and either a) there is nothing in the chest at Vol Gates - i also bought the hintbook just to make sure i was looking in the right place or b) Obro won't sell. so no Nullrock and no Brainstone.

Edited by lucabar
other user posted at the same time and wanted to include that info in my own post

14 hours ago, lucabar said:

when i go to Ybsal's shop I see that there is a Glitterstone in her chest

This probably means that you have given it to Ybsal by storing it in her chest. This is consistent with the fact that Obro no longer offers it (which strongly implies that you had already bought it).

Concerning the null rock, you probably also picked it up at the beginning of the game and maybe resold it, deposited somewhere? Ie. at the beginning of the game, it is not obvious that you will need them for a quest, so it is easy to drop them...

4 minutes ago, osnola said:

This probably means that you have given it to Ybsal by storing it in her chest. This is consistent with the fact that Obro no longer offers it (which strongly implies that you had already bought it).

Concerning the null rock, you probably also picked it up at the beginning of the game and maybe resold it, deposited somewhere? Ie. at the beginning of the game, it is not obvious that you will need them for a quest, so it is easy to drop them...

I understand and it makes sense, but then having three more in my backpack the quest should be able to proceed ,  1 already given + 3 in my backpack should be enough to advance. instead she says 'it's a good start but not enough' etc etc. at that point the nullrock should be just an extra outlet so to speak, i was looking for it to try to have 4 in my backpack.

50 minutes ago, Randomizer said:

I think the one in Ybsal's chest is there regardless of what you do with Obro. Since you can't steal it, it's just there to annoy you.

i read somewhere on another topic that Obro in fact may be selling multiple ones - but with me, apparently he's been reluctant to sell even one... :)

Hello lucabar,

Sorry to hear that you’ve been having problems!

There have been a few pieces of information posted in this thread that are either incorrect, or a little misleading. To avoid the spread of urban rumours, I think it’s important we clear these up!

Firstly, that Glitterstone in the chest in Ysbal’s smithy is always there. The player doesn’t give Ybsal stones one by one, and no items you give her end up in that chest. So don’t worry too much about that chest’s contents – they're not important! To complete the quest, you need to have four different types of stones in your active inventory at the same time.

Secondly, unless you’re exploiting an old bug, Obro only sells one Glitterstone. If Obro is not selling you a Glitterstone, there is really only one reason: you’ve already bought it. We can say this with some confidence, since the code for this particular transaction can be freely checked in the game’s files. It’s a very straightforward piece of code, and there isn’t really much of a way it can break!

Likewise, the way Queen’s Wish handles items in chests is very simple, and there isn’t much room for it to break. If the Nullrock is not present in the chest in the Vol Gates, that is because you’ve already picked it up. There isn’t really any other reason why the item should have disappeared.

I notice that you’re missing the Glitterstone and the Nullrock, both items that you can pick up very early in the game. I think by far the most likely explanation for what you are experiencing is that you’ve already obtained these items, and have simply forgotten about them. I suggest that you check the chests in your personal quarters in all your forts, or in any other places you think you may have stored items in the past.

My guess, though, is that these items might be being carried by some of your previous party members. To check this, go to a fort, and switch out some of your current party members with any old ones you might have lying around. Don’t worry – you don’t lose party members by simply switching them around, so you can always get them back! Have a check through the inventories of these old party members. You may well find that the rocks are there!

If you’re really stuck, I can give you a code to get the Glitterstone manually. But it might be more satisfying if you had a look and tried to find it yourself. You never know – you might find a few other items that you’ve stored that might come in useful, too!

22 minutes ago, Ess-Eschas said:

Hello lucabar,

Sorry to hear that you’ve been having problems!

There have been a few pieces of information posted in this thread that are either incorrect, or a little misleading. To avoid the spread of urban rumours, I think it’s important we clear these up!

Firstly, that Glitterstone in the chest in Ysbal’s smithy is always there. The player doesn’t give Ybsal stones one by one, and no items you give her end up in that chest. So don’t worry too much about that chest’s contents – they're not important! To complete the quest, you need to have four different types of stones in your active inventory at the same time.

Secondly, unless you’re exploiting an old bug, Obro only sells one Glitterstone. If Obro is not selling you a Glitterstone, there is really only one reason: you’ve already bought it. We can say this with some confidence, since the code for this particular transaction can be freely checked in the game’s files. It’s a very straightforward piece of code, and there isn’t really much of a way it can break!

Likewise, the way Queen’s Wish handles items in chests is very simple, and there isn’t much room for it to break. If the Nullrock is not present in the chest in the Vol Gates, that is because you’ve already picked it up. There isn’t really any other reason why the item should have disappeared.

I notice that you’re missing the Glitterstone and the Nullrock, both items that you can pick up very early in the game. I think by far the most likely explanation for what you are experiencing is that you’ve already obtained these items, and have simply forgotten about them. I suggest that you check the chests in your personal quarters in all your forts, or in any other places you think you may have stored items in the past.

My guess, though, is that these items might be being carried by some of your previous party members. To check this, go to a fort, and switch out some of your current party members with any old ones you might have lying around. Don’t worry – you don’t lose party members by simply switching them around, so you can always get them back! Have a check through the inventories of these old party members. You may well find that the rocks are there!

If you’re really stuck, I can give you a code to get the Glitterstone manually. But it might be more satisfying if you had a look and tried to find it yourself. You never know – you might find a few other items that you’ve stored that might come in useful, too!

First of all, thank you for the time and expertise. I'm afraid that the code will be necessary, because at this point I came to the conclusion that I erroneously sold the stones somewhere to god knows who, which is very unusual for me because I tend to hold on to everything when I play spidweb games.

I checked the chests and there's nothing there, matter of fact I didn't even know you could store stuff there... also, I never switched any party members because I found the game overwhelming enough and I never even got to the how you meet new potential recruits, I focused on exploration and battle with my original pack and that's been pretty much it up until this point.

bottom line, I must be getting very old because I have no memory of selling or storing or doing anything with the stones, but it seems like that is what must have happened because you presented the progression above very logically and convincingly. so thank you in advance for any other help you will provide.

Of course!

Load up your save file, and then hold ‘shift’ and press ‘d’. A little input box should appear on the screen. Type the following input into this box, exactly as I’ve written it here:

sdf 163 12 0

Then click the tick. You won’t notice anything happen, but something will have changed inside the game’s innards!

Now, go back and talk to Obro. You should now have to option to buy a Glitterstone from him! Of course, if that doesn’t work, do let me know – I might be able to come up with another solution for you!

Otherwise, I wouldn’t worry too much about what happened to those original stones. Queen’s Wish is a big game, and it’s easy to lose track of things if you sell them, or put them down in a chest or container somewhere – particularly with something like the stones, where it’s not obvious that you’ll need them until much later in the game.

So I wouldn’t think it’s your memory at fault. This is just a big game!

By the way, it is worth experimenting with new party members. People from the vassal states are more powerful than your original party, in that they give you a few new interesting abilities!

When you’re in a fort, just select the little button that looks like four board-game tokens, third from the left on the bottom bar. Then, to add a new member to your party, go to one of the empty lines in the box that appears, and select the same little ‘board-game token’ icon. You’ll be guided through character creation, which is nice and easy!

To switch party members out, click the ‘slashed circle’ icon next to the party member you want to remove. Hey presto! They’re gone from your party! Then, to add a new character to your party, just press the ‘plus’ icon next to them.

By the way, party members take their inventory with them when they leave the party. If you want to move these items over easily, just put them all into a chest first before switching party members. Then, just take them out of the chest when you’ve subbed in your new character!

That’s it – it really is nice and easy!

On 10/19/2020 at 7:40 PM, Ess-Eschas said:

Of course!

Load up your save file, and then hold ‘shift’ and press ‘d’. A little input box should appear on the screen. Type the following input into this box, exactly as I’ve written it here:

sdf 163 12 0

Then click the tick. You won’t notice anything happen, but something will have changed inside the game’s innards!

Now, go back and talk to Obro. You should now have to option to buy a Glitterstone from him! Of course, if that doesn’t work, do let me know – I might be able to come up with another solution for you!

Otherwise, I wouldn’t worry too much about what happened to those original stones. Queen’s Wish is a big game, and it’s easy to lose track of things if you sell them, or put them down in a chest or container somewhere – particularly with something like the stones, where it’s not obvious that you’ll need them until much later in the game.

So I wouldn’t think it’s your memory at fault. This is just a big game!

By the way, it is worth experimenting with new party members. People from the vassal states are more powerful than your original party, in that they give you a few new interesting abilities!

When you’re in a fort, just select the little button that looks like four board-game tokens, third from the left on the bottom bar. Then, to add a new member to your party, go to one of the empty lines in the box that appears, and select the same little ‘board-game token’ icon. You’ll be guided through character creation, which is nice and easy!

To switch party members out, click the ‘slashed circle’ icon next to the party member you want to remove. Hey presto! They’re gone from your party! Then, to add a new character to your party, just press the ‘plus’ icon next to them.

By the way, party members take their inventory with them when they leave the party. If you want to move these items over easily, just put them all into a chest first before switching party members. Then, just take them out of the chest when you’ve subbed in your new character!

That’s it – it really is nice and easy!

it worked like a charm and I want to thank you profusely, for the command line as well as the tips on switching party members.  i am a completionist and it would have been ironic had it not been possible to finish all the quest for a spidweb game where you can actually do that - many if not all of the other games had all those 'mercantile' missions that had no limit. so thank you again for the help.