Help with Report to Vidican quest

I've been up the north slope to the upper caves at Fort Ganrick, managed to open the door after putting a poor leather helmet on. Most of the passages are blocked with rockfalls. Haven't found any secret passages or anything of note. Also been up the two ladders in the south to the rooms. Captain Vidican does not acknowledge this so I still have the quest "Report to Vidican". Any help would be great!

The sequence should be:

1. Start the game by appearing in the UL.

2. Move around, going through the South Door (opposite from the gate with Maxine on the other side, get quest to "escape the tunnels" and defeat a group of bad guys.

3. Move back towards Maxine who will open the gate and defeat another group of goblins who emerge from a previously hidden area between the room that you are in and the room that you started in.

4. Two soldiers come running down the stairs with Goblins chasing them. Kill the goblins

5. Continue East and Kill Horrarum and his buddies then go down the ramp.

6. Finish off both groups of invaders on the LL (Spiritist +1 and the ones that the other guards are fighting) and you should completed the "Escape the Tunnels" quest and be given the 'Report to Vidican" quest.

7. Capt Vidican's office is right next to the ramp so go talk to her. That should end the "Report to Vidican" quest.

If you did all of that, which you probably have, then something has probably gotten corrupted somewhere and I would be tempted to reload the game files onto your computer.

I already killed all the baddies (can't remember if they were nephils) on the upper and lower levels , been to and fro from Fort Ganrick many times, each time having another look round the upper levels and going back to see Vidican. As it is not a main quest, I don't think I'll reinstall the game but thanks guys.

I already killed all the baddies (can't remember if they were nephils) on the upper and lower levels , been to and fro from Fort Ganrick many times, each time having another look round the upper levels and going back to see Vidican. As it is not a main quest, I don't think I'll reinstall the game but thanks guys.

that seems odd. the gates are locked before you report to Vidican so you can't leave before completing it. are you sure it's not the nephil fort quest that you need to report back to vidican for?

that seems odd. the gates are locked before you report to Vidican so you can't leave before completing it. are you sure it's not the nephil fort quest that you need to report back to vidican for?

It says "Captain Vidican is waiting for you in her office. She is sure to want a report about the conditions in the upper caves"

There's nothing else to do up there as far as i can see. when I go and speak to her 'she waits impatiently to see what else i have to say'. I have 3 questions I can ask:

1 What is it you do here?

2. Has there been much empire activity up here?

3. How is the war with the empire going?

Already asked them a few times.

(I've already finished the nephil cave and castle)

Looking at the scripts, something got very bugged out. Those three questions only appear after a certain variable is set, and that variable is set in the very same single dialogue node that completes the "Report to" quest.

I'd consider redownloading the game to ensure nothing got corrupted. You can keep your save but if anything else seems weird I'd just start over.

EDIT: Wait. Did you kill the Nephil Chieftain (in the castle) BEFORE ever talking to Vidican? That might cause this, and yeah, that would mean you're out of luck.

Looking at the scripts, something got very bugged out. Those three questions only appear after a certain variable is set, and that variable is set in the very same single dialogue node that completes the "Report to" quest.

I'd consider redownloading the game to ensure nothing got corrupted. You can keep your save but if anything else seems weird I'd just start over.

EDIT: Wait. Did you kill the Nephil Chieftain (in the castle) BEFORE ever talking to Vidican? That might cause this, and yeah, that would mean you're out of luck.

I can't remember but might have already killed the Nephil Chief before speaking to Vidican. I can see that might have caused a problem. (Yes Randomizer, I did make sure I went right into his room, had a good nosey around and read his diary).

Oh well, that quest can just hang there at the top of the list. It probably won't affect the game in the long run.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Lindylou I had the same thing happen to me and I just wanted to say that I have played another 40 or so hours since then without any issues. I decided to look up why this quest was still in my list even though it was done and I think I found the answer! I know this post is a few weeks old, and if you found out anything else, I'd be interested in hearing how you completed the quest. Cheers!