BOE "tough Npc" "Tournament

Ur_Vile_Wedge

Hmm, my picks...

Katothen is described as having infinite, godlike power, but doesn't really use much of it in the Echoes series. Sovereign is thought to have infinite, godlike power, but doesn't really use much of it in the Arc. For coolness, though, Sovereign wins.

San-Racku wins. I mean, dude. He just eats whatever that other thing is and wins.

Zuwhiel was a real huge wuss - a non-magic-immune boss, then a boss that gets killed off before you rematch him. The Master wins, despite my not really knowing about him.

Rentar-Ihrno wins. I mean, Kassand's a Lich. Rentar's a Vahnatai Lord. Rentar just does the winning and Kassand just does the losing.

I dunno. Grimly gets beaten up pretty easily as a moral until then- it'd just be a matter for San-Racku to keep Grimly trapped, emasculate him by taking away food, etc, and then waiting for thousands of years until Grimly becomes mortal.

Of course this is a hypothetical since San-Racku is, in actuality, defeated by nudging the PCs' shoulders very strenuously. I'm going with Grimly since San-Racku can only screw with me while I'm on crack.

Sovereign, on the other hand, is not actually described as being really powerful. Illithids and Boemen are comparable in strength (well, Illithids are more powerful, but regardless), Legion wasn't summoned by Sovereign (and Katothen wins by far if you include his friends), and Katothen made his own dimention.

Coolness factor or no, Katothen is outright more powerful. Including Echoes NPCs is a bad way to balance any poll of any sort, but you already made the mistake, so...

Master vs. Zuwhiel... Eh, Master doesn't actually get beaten up.

And as previously commented, Kassand is a lich and Rentar-Ihrno is a manifestation of Jeff's chauvinism and masculine insecurity, which is probably more powerful than us all.

Quote:
Originally written by Le Martyre de la Terreur:
I dunno. Grimly gets beaten up pretty easily as a moral until then- it'd just be a matter for San-Racku to keep Grimly trapped, emasculate him by taking away food, etc, and then waiting for thousands of years until Grimly becomes mortal.

Of course this is a hypothetical since San-Racku is, in actuality, defeated by nudging the PCs' shoulders very strenuously. I'm going with Grimly since San-Racku can only screw with me while I'm on crack.

Sovereign, on the other hand, is not actually described as being really powerful. Illithids and Boemen are comparable in strength (well, Illithids are more powerful, but regardless), Legion wasn't summoned by Sovereign (and Katothen wins by far if you include his friends), and Katothen made his own dimention.

Coolness factor or no, Katothen is outright more powerful. Including Echoes NPCs is a bad way to balance any poll of any sort, but you already made the mistake, so...

Master vs. Zuwhiel... Eh, Master doesn't actually get beaten up.

And as previously commented, Kassand is a lich and Rentar-Ihrno is a manifestation of Jeff's chauvinism and masculine insecurity, which is probably more powerful than us all.
Quote:
Quote:
...emasculate him by taking away food...
Have you learnt nothing since NTH? :p

Quote:
Originally written by Levitating Netherlander:
Uh, TM? Sovereign can apparently blow people up via remote control, whereas Katothen gets both halves of his ass handed to him by the player at various times. :p
Right, but he wanted you to beat him- see the Hyperion Mage in B2 and E:P. I still insist that blowing up a mere fortune teller is not as badass as having one's own private dimention.

(Although technically, Karl and Deacon are more powerful than he is.)