Shadowalker weapons perplexity

Superba

I found Shadowalker Lance when I thought SW was already equipped for the best. I still believe so and that I shouldn't use this Lance instead of Titansteel Broadsword+ Bonecleaver Shield, but I am a person not much into numbers and percentage, so I ask you to compare the equipments (Lance versus ) and tell me what your opinion is.

Thanks! :)

- Shadowalker Lance features:

15% Melee damage

+2 Shattering Blow (didn't develop the ability)

+4 Shadowalker focus (nor this one)

Melee attack: 90-270

Poison 3 turns (40%)

At the moment I could enhance it with a +4% All damage runestone

versus

- Titansteel Broadsword features:

+10% Melee damage

Melee attack: 97-291

Enhancement: +1 to Strenght

Poison 3 turns (40%)

- Bonecleaver shield features:

Armor +18%

+1 to Strenght

+20% to Critical hit chance

+5% to parry

Enhancement: +1 to Strenght

I find the biggest drawback of spears is that you lose two item slots for them, so you're forgoing two chances to get bonuses like Bonecleaver's +20% critical hit chance or the Shock Trooper Shield's bonus action point. I never used them past early levels when I didn't have anything special to put in the shield slot, and have to concur with your assessment that you're better off with your current setup. Especially if you get your hands on a sword that also has special abilities.

Spear shadowwalker is a viable route if you're going for a build focused on pure melee damage. That's how I built Yoshiria in my last game, and she performed admirably on torment (albeit I had a tinkermage and tank-specced Khalida, so she wasn't taking much damage; if you're relying on the shadowwalker to tank, definitely stick to sword and shield). That said, the shadowwalker's lance is a pretty unimpressive weapon. Both its base damage and damage bonus get substantially outclassed by other weapons, and the skill bonuses aren't amazing (as with everything else, center column bonuses are optimal). Your current equipment situation is pretty good, and the game won't provide you with any major impetus to change it, but if you do decide to go for a pole weapon, I recommend the jade halberd (which you get from turning in a lot of arcane scrolls/pact papers to Cybele in Serdica) or the Infernal's Halberd (dropped by an enemy early in the Corruption's Core). Both have 30-90 base damage, +20% melee damage, and some other tasty bonuses.

I think you explained things in the right terms. There are "twin weapons" because any character chosen when game starts have a double, and Shadowalker Lance is one example of this politic.

On the other hand this weapons are not similar nor the same, as you state diffferent weapons allow to shape two identical characters in different combat modes.

So I decided to stay with blade and shield for main character, put aside the Lance, give the Infernal's Halberd to second Shadowalker together with a runstone +4% damage :)

By the way there's also Heartseeker Glaive that is a very good two-handed weapon.

I think you explained things in the right terms. There are "twin weapons" because any character chosen when game starts have a double, and Shadowalker Lance is one example of this politic.

...What?

On the other hand this weapons are not similar nor the same, as you state diffferent weapons allow to shape two identical characters in different combat modes.

...And again.

...What?

...And again.

I think he's saying that even if a weapon seems to be inferior to another weapon for the same class, despite appearing later in the game, it can have its uses. If you have two characters of the same class (main character plus NPC ally), that lets you equip them both, and maybe build them in different ways to take advantage of their different equipment.