No firebolt for Yannick

John53

Hi,

i cannot use the firebolt skill (advanced to level 4) because in combat (a key) or if i want to use it for a quick spell slot

it says my skills aren't high enough. This is because in the ability window the, greyed out, symbol reads Icy Lance not Firebolt and Icy Lance is not usable until level 6.

In the statistics windows all is correct.

Am i missing here something?

Using Avadon on Pc Windows 7 64bit.

I'm actually confused with this answer since 'firebolt' is identified as a spell that can be leveled under the Skills tree, and yet when you go to add it to your Quick Spell Cast bar it shows up as 'ice lance' but I can't use it because my skills are not high enough apparently.

There's something messed up here. Either there is a firebolt spell or an ice lance spell, with both having the same icon.

Ice Lance is an advanced ability governed by the same skill as Firebolt: you get it by upgrading Firebolt to level 6. (The Firebolt tooltip on the character skills screen tells you this.) You cast Ice Lance from your abilities menu like normal, but you cast Firebolt just by selecting your rod/staff and clicking on an enemy, the same way you'd make a melee attack or fire a bow.

Once again: Firebolt is not in your abilities menu. It's your staff's default attack when you attack without using an ability.

Firebolt is just the default ranged magical attack for Sorcerers. Select your rod or staff as your active weapon and click on an enemy in combat and you'll cast a firebolt.

And I was liek...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No wonder I get crits everytime...

-----

-Nightwatcher

-From The Fifth of November