discovery of spiderweb games

aic-eternal

I had been on good old games for a little while and picked up the avernum and gene forge games for cheap. They seemed to be a group of cool indie games so i started playing from the beginning avernum 1. After a while, I went from that and had to move onto the gene forge games. I couldn't get through those either.

So finally I went onto see a new game group on good old games which was avadon. I have to say, that game is my favorite game this company has produced. Not only is it fun but still challenging to a degree I can understand.

I haven't played all the other games I own and I doubt I will. This game really just has everything I could ask for in a rpg while still providing a unique setting. The personalities, the story, its just an excellent experience.

Im not going to play spiderweb's remakes of the other stuff, but if this is the kind of game spiderweb can make, I'll support you 200% of the way. It's almost like dragon age.

I think the other games he made were a lot like the games I tried when I was a teenager in high school-archaic and with good ideas, but little to no polish. If he were to forget about that other stuff, I would support any new series he has in store. This is some high quality roleplaying and its better not to waste it on games that don't placate to everyone.

I am picky with games but its not every game where I want to play through the whole game again a 3rd time.

Ok. I guess I figured that if it wasn't on good old games, then it wasn't there. Thank you very much. I'll give it a shot and if it's anything like Avadon, who knows. Is this something new that the company is trying and then they will go back to the old system? Im confused as someone on good old games said Avernum 6 was the same type as Avadon. I didn't know what to think.

Avernum 6 was written before Avadon. The only way they are alike is they have iPad versions.

Avernum: Escape from the Pit uses an Avadon like skill tree.

Avadon 2: The Corruption has just started beta testing on Wednesday. It should be out in 4 months for Mac, Windows, and iPad with an Android version eventually.

I discovered Spiderweb videogames through Avadon :). But i discovered Avadon because of the wonderful Eschalon series. "Games on the line of Eschalon?: Avadon", indie Rpgs in the old style.

It´s just a coincidence Eschalon and Avernum uses the "Grey alien" image as an important factor in game?.

In Eschalon they are really technological, the cruxes are power cores for their broken spaceship; in Avernum they aren´t, just magical, but physical appearance is the same. :crazy:

Anyway, the inclusion of such novelty from popular culture was interesting in both series.