G2: Who can teach me how to make the ubers?

I'm allied with the awakened. Is there any way I can buy levels in create Drakon and the like from an awakened trainer? If I steal the research from other labs, will that expand what they can teach me? Because it looks like, plotwise, the only groups with real access to those tier 4 creations are the Bharzites and the Takers. I REALLY want to be able to get access to those awesome creations, is that not possible without joining the takers or Barzhites?

I'm about 90% sure you can't get training to make the top-tier creations from the Awakened. However, there are canisters for Gazer, Rotghroth, and Drakon (three canisters of each type) located throughout Taker territory.

Hm... that's 9 canisters. What would the effects of that be? So far I've gotten by without using any canisters at all.

I don't recall the thresholds in G2 for when canisters really start to effect you, but I'm thinking it was around 6 or 7. You could use one canister of each of each type (Drakon, Gazer, Rotghroth), or three of one type, and I'm quite certain you'd see no ill effects. There is no way for you shape any of those creations without using at least 1 canister. To make the highest version of a creation, you'd need to use all three canisters of that type (e.g. three Drakon canisters to make Ur-Drakons).

Darn, it looks like the threshold is 5. I took 5, 3 Create Drakon, 1 Create Rotghroth, and 1 Create Gazer, and the moment I took the 5th one, people started looking at me a bit odd. It hasn't affected any conversations yet, but when I walked into the awakened camp I got a message that they were nervous around me.

• 1 month later...

I believe that if you take the Barzite path, you are able to take all of the canisters and become freaking powerful. Or, at least, that is what I think happens. I've never played a Barzite. Or Awakened. I've only played Servant and unaligned. And man, unaligned can be pretty difficult. You just kill and kill and kill without being able to learn much (except with the first trainer in the Shaper Warrens and from the Agent in the Loyalist Encampment). Other than that, little to no canisters, no alterations, and little training until the third quarter of the game for an unaligned character. However, killing everything does give a person a pretty good plus in experience points and a pretty good ending, and a person can actually get some training in Medab. (Although, I believe that if you raze Drypeak, people don't like you. Or something.) Sorry, getting off track here. If you play Awakened, I don't think that it is terrible to become a canister junkie, as they were the ones who pushed the PC to use the Geneforge. Even the Takers didn't do that.