Forced cowardice with Cave Lore?

I play my party as a bunch of people who are trying to wipe out pretty much all the monsters in the underworld.

So it's bothersome whenever I explore a ruin on the world map and see "Thanks to your knowledge of caves, you got away!" so many times. I would have prefered the option to stand and fight or flee with adequate Cave Lore. tongue

I always wanted to play through one time with a character that uses cave lore, gets all the caches, and is kind of like a ranger type from a roleplaying point of view. Not so much as avoiding things, but moreso with aiding the party with the items that aid everyone. I think there's a few items from the first expedition that give bonuses to first aid, traps and other things that would be cool.

You don't just lose your pursuers through cleverly camouflaging your trail. You lose them by rigging pit traps and deadfalls to mangle them. Unfortunately, all their loot is mangled too, but they probably didn't have anything worth going back for.

—Alorael, who also likes to envision his adventurers breathing sighs of relief over not having to waste time fighting those enemies again. They're tired. They just want to eat their lizard jerky and get some rest, not wave around spears trying to hit more oversized bats and spiders.