Myers-Briggs Personality Test

Dikiyoba

Originally Posted By: Student of Trinity
Man, how many questions were even on that thing? How did they get the bit count high enough to decide among that many career options, even just arbitrarily?
My guess is that there were multiple tests out there. In fact, I've got a suspicion that such tests were sometimes influenced or even sponsored by prospective employers. No evidence; it just seems like a thing that's likely to happen. Especially when you get a result that points you to the Marine Academy.

Originally Posted By: Actaeon
I always wanted to take one of those, but I could never find anyone administering it.
I did a little looking online for one. The first one I found was laughable, it basically just asked for your MBTI. But I found a better one by the BBC, and it doesn't seem to be "US Merchant Marine Academy" biased.

That was the most awesomest online questionnaire I have ever completed. And since I am alive in the year 2012, and old enough to read, you know I have completed approximately ten thousand online questionnaires. That was the very most awesomest of them all.

It had me at 'goo'. Could PBS do something like that? Heck, no. There aren't enough hours in the year for a telethon big enough. But the good old Beeb is bloated with enough squandered tax money to provide the real insanity that can make a culture great. Whether or not it exactly did, in this precise case, is irrelevant. It would have, if it had thought of it.

I shall now seriously consider a career in the minioning industry.

Minion

Your results suggest that Minion type work suits your interests and preferences.

Minion types prefer menial labour to anything that requires actual intelligence. They tend to like jobs in which they can work for someone greater than themselves for minimal pay. Typical roles that suit Minion types are helmet polisher, shark tank cleaner, and soldier in the Legions of Terror.

Most options sounded boring so I just went with the easiest jobs/roles.

My results: Introvert(78%), Sensing(6%), Thinking(12%), Judging(44%). This was a bit weird for me. Normally, when I take a personality test, the results come back negative. Oddly, the results say that I skipped a question, but I couldn't find it when I clicked "Back."

I clicked the "Career Choices" link; the suggestions for Accounting and Computer Programming were surprisingly spot-on, and (here's the spooky part) I recently signed up to take classes in these fields this fall. I also saw two other fields I once considered pursuing: Engineering (I'm good at math, but not that good) and Mechanics and Automotive Repair (never bothered with this one, though it was more for curiosity than anything else).

The remainder of the list was nowhere near the mark: Technical Education, Sport Coaching, Dentist/Dental Assistant, Law, Military Training, and Security Services.

Interesting...The site also says I (supposedly) have the same personality type as Warren Buffett.