Loving spiderweb worlds on the ipad

Im an old gamer from way back and i loved playing baldurs gate and the icewind dale PC games and was frustrated there was no ipad games that were simularly epic UNTIL stumbling across Avernum & Avadon for the ipad. These games hit the target! Hours of engaging play, magic & mayhem in expansive worlds. I will never rue paying $10 dollars for games this good! Bless You Jeff!

I have both Avadon and Avernum for the iPad, but I really just can't get on with them. I'm not sure if it's because I already played them both on my computer before trying them on the iPad, or if I'm too reliant on the mouse and keyboard in SW games or a combination.

I guess I'll wait until Avadon 2 to test, because I enjoy playing other iPad games; some equally as deep as SW games so it seems a bit wrong that I can't play those two.

what dave s said, now player has bit more hard times to get money so needs to rely on random encounters (ogres/giants are good cause they drop emeralds and spears quite often).

on sidenote I have over 25k coins to be spent + what I get from Grah-Toth's loot and only 2 missions left.

@Darklea

I bring good tidings. Baldur's Gate is on the way to the iPad, probably in 2012. smile

The bad news is that, like me, you have both Avadon and Avernum, which means that you will soon be bored when you complete them as there aren't any other comparable games up on the App Store. frown

That is good tidings! Hope it stacks up well against these games. Baldurs holds a special place in my gaming heart!

Re money/ looting above...im playing a tame normal game, but ive had no trouble finding stuff and making enough money to train etc and im in the last 3rd of the game now. I never needed to buy weapons, armour or potions.

My only 'bad' was to have a rogue ( in anticipation of much looting & not knowing that lockpicking can be spread around) but ive turned her into a pretty good second fighter.

I felt that Avernum ended too quickly, whereas Avadon didn't end quickly enough. I guess that is a reflection on the amount of fun I had with each.

Click to reveal..
The actual assasination of Emperor Hawthorne felt way too cut down. I had thought that it would be the quest for Avernum II, not the super short corridor crawl to kill the foozle.