Ogre lair

txmimi

First use a item(s) to gain extra action points so you can move farther and get extra hits. Don't hoard items since you found out the hard way what happens if you take too long.

It also helps if you avoid engaging the ogres right away and try to get as far as you can on the first few rounds.

You need to haste your party. Speed potions, battle crystals, etc. It's been a while since I've been through Avadon so I don't remember all of the available options.

Action Points are a measure of how much your character can do in a round. An attack takes 9 action points (usually). Moving one space takes 1, unless an opponent is next to you (in which case it takes more, but I don't recall the exact number). So, move several spaces forward before attacking or move one space if you're already near an enemy. Use teleportation if you can to move past the first line of enemies. Just keep moving forward.

OK, I figured out how to speed up, so I was able to get through the ogre lair. I went back to the dragon and he was pleased that they're all gone. But the quest still shows up in my journal. . . is there something more I should do? I just re-read the FAQs and found the answer to this.

Also, I got the blue ore, but the guy says it's not enough. When I was getting it in the caverns, it always said miners were needed to get lots. Does this come up again later?