The 2nd Avernum Trilogy

Valdain the King

Some fool ive been talking with about avernum asked me what the 2nd trilogy was like. He didnt like the original trilogy and was more into avadon. I told him that the 2nd trilogy was kind of like geneforge series. He thought that was cool but asked me the MOST dumb question. He wanted to know which of the second trilogy games was the least long.

Ive been trying to explain that jeff doesnt make short games and if he does then avadon is more to your liking. He told me that he doesnt care as he already played avadon and beat it.

I know this is pretty stupid but which of the 2nd trilogy 4-6 is the shortest.

I didn't think it was small for that reason. The world seems smaller than in the original trilogy, with a fwe less side quests. That and for most of the quests you don't really have to go very far. Also, I found there were fewer, but harder to hit monsters. I think i spent more time trying to kill a handful of sliths then I did trveling.

I know that A4 gets a lot of flak from a lot of people but I actually liked it. Sure it did have flaws but it was worth it. Brand new storyline with improved interface. The biggest flaw of all that I really hated was obviously the distance between towns. You went from towns being many miles away to being right next to each other.

Post #654 cool

Originally Posted By: Cairo Jim
I didn't think it was small for that reason. The world seems smaller than in the original trilogy, with a fwe less side quests. That and for most of the quests you don't really have to go very far. Also, I found there were fewer, but harder to hit monsters. I think i spent more time trying to kill a handful of sliths then I did trveling.

Earlier, I did say that A6 was the longest. I didn't say it was the largest. Maybe I took my time deslithifying®. Perhaps I took more time and savored each battle, knowing that it was the ultimate Avernum.

Originally Posted By: Soul of Wit
Originally Posted By: Cairo Jim

Earlier, I did say that A6 was the longest. I didn't say it was the largest. Maybe I took my time deslithifying®. Perhaps I took more time and savored each battle, knowing that it was the ultimate Avernum.

I wasn't saying that I didn't like it because it wasn't the largest. If anything it felt really short, with high hp monsters as time killers to make up for it.