Can you get this to run on windows?

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if its possible to run this game on widows, even thought it is for a mac. I know they are making a windows version later, but I'm really impatient and would like to play it now (while I have free time).

Is there some kind of program to convert it to windows, or a certain way to download the game? Sorry, I'm really a newb when it comes to computers, so I hope this question isn't too silly.

BTW... why does the mac version always come out first? I thought windows were meant for gaming, and you know, anything important (but who doesn't like to fool around with a nice shiny mac!). Sorry, I just could never get into apple.

Thanks again, cheers!

Originally Posted By: Kendroxide
Hi everyone,
I'm just wondering if its possible to run this game on widows, even thought it is for a mac. I know they are making a windows version later, but I'm really impatient and would like to play it now (while I have free time).

Is there some kind of program to convert it to windows, or a certain way to download the game? Sorry, I'm really a newb when it comes to computers, so I hope this question isn't too silly.

The short answer is no. There are technically ways to get Mac software running on a non-Mac, but you have to buy a copy of Mac OS X to do so legally, and it's a fairly involved process.

Quote:
BTW... why does the mac version always come out first? I thought windows were meant for gaming, and you know, anything important (but who doesn't like to fool around with a nice shiny mac!). Sorry, I just could never get into apple.

The Mac version comes out first because Jeff Vogel, programmer and lead developer of Spiderweb Software, personally prefers Macs and therefore uses them to develop his games. That's the main reason, really.

You need to do two searches:

1. Mac emulator

2. Hackintosh

The latter involves an actual copy of Mac OS X. It will, of course, provide superior performance.

Yes, Macs are solely used by crows, and other creatures easily impressed by shiny objects. You might be interested to know that Macs were once considered the superior gaming machines. First person shooters existed before Doom (and they were better than Doom.) The origin of Macs being derided as toys comes from this.

I used to use Microsoft Word and Excel on a Mac, around 1987. Windows didn't exist yet. There are thousands of stories on the web--people who owe their livelihood to Macs. I'm pretty sure that they would consider what they do important.

Originally Posted By: Soul of Wit
You need to do two searches:
1. Mac emulator
2. Hackintosh

The latter involves an actual copy of Mac OS X. It will, of course, provide superior performance.

All existing Mac OS X emulators require an actual copy of Mac OS X too, as far as I know.