A-EftP - Bandit Keep quest

Did you find and kill the bandit leader? I'm pretty that's the key to fulfilling the quest. Other than that...hmm...I think it's a job board quest, rather than quest given in dialogue. To complete those, I have noticed that you have to walk all the way up the person who issued the quest and bump into them, rather than using normal methods of opening the dialogue window. Would that help?

I checked about the chief: there's a trapdoor NE in Ruined bandit keep with some high ranked bandits underground, no other hidden place to look for the chief bandit. I presume I killed him then. Tried also to bump into Ward Allison after your advice, unfortunately nothing happened (she told me she'd not tolerate this behavior again) blush

There are three bandit groups near Ft. Saffron, if I remember correctly. One of the three is Ward Allison wanting you to find out how bandits are bypassing the fort. If that is the quest in question (that sounds odd) then the bandits are neither the NE nor the NW bandits.

Click to reveal..
For the bypassing the fort quest, check North of the Ft. Saffron walls but still indoors.

It is quite clear to me:

"A new group of bandits has been sighted in the area of the ruins northwest Fort Saffron. Ward Allison of the Spire Fortress has ben tasked to hunt them down before they can settle into the ruins and build defenses.

If a bounty hunter can find this small group of rogues and bring harsh justice to their leader, report to Allison for a bounty."

It's Ruined bandit keep, it fits to description perfectly, NW Fort Saffron and "in the area of the ruins".

I returned in the open area after you wrote about wandering bandits, only soldiers patrol the area.

I didn't miss anything, I wrote it in first message of this post (again): "Ruined bandit liar with trapdoor". There were the bandits: a Sevilin like, very resistent, a couple of bandits with tunics and more.

Dealt? No, I killed them all from a distancex without talkin to them. If Lagran was underground this might be the reason why my quest doesn't end.

I mean I'm sure there was no dialogue between us because I didn't get close.

The Party used a lot of Call the Storm spells to avoid attacks and then Lightning Spray, Fireblast, Arcane Blow and Icy Rain.

Maybe there had to be that dialogue to close the quest... I can't say, maybe someone here could try to test this possibility.

Sadly, I have this bug too. I went back to a saved game before I cleared out the Ruined Bandit Keep to see if there was a dialogue option for the quest before doing it. Nope. It looks to be a special pop up quest completion, one where the window pops up, not a dialogue option, but the trigger isn't there.

Has anyone fulfilled this quest? Does anyone remember Ward Allison responding to it?

Yeah, I completed all three bandit quests (four if you count the secret tunnel). But, of course, I can't remember which was which or exactly where I went. I believe, though, there's two dungeons, and a third that's just an outdoor encounter with a group of bandits hiding in an alcove behind a fake wall on the main map. That could be the one you're missing. Or I could be confusing this with a different quest and what I'm describing doesn't really exist. Either is equally possible.

OK, I went back to a saved game before I did the Ruined Bandit Keep. Let the fight play out a while in case I preemptively killed a character before a dialogue. Nope. And Ward Allison still doesn't respond in any way.

I did notice one thing though. In the walkthrough, it says a character named Lagran is supposed to be down there. I had someone named Raider Gavroche. Same guy? Very curious.

Well, there you have it then.

If you kill Lagran at the beginning of the game, this quest is unfinishable.

Without Lagran being there, the script doesn't kick in.

Hmm. Given that the player is given the option to dispose of him (hey, he was an armed thug making life worse for folks already in a bad spot) it doesn't seem fair to deny us the Ice Hydra helmet. Not to mention the Reputation bump, the XP.

Fix for 1.01?

Originally Posted By: The Turtle Moves
Lagran is the guy who ambushed you at the beginning of the game. If you managed to kill him at the time, presumably you don't meet him again.

I can't help with the main question, though. Where's Randomizer when you need him?

I remember killing Lagran in the Arrival Caves, but he was still in the Ruined Bandit Cave. Also it's implied that the bandits near Patrick's Tower also include Lagran since one looks at you if you don't fight them.

Originally Posted By: Matchstk

Hmm. Given that the player is given the option to dispose of him (hey, he was an armed thug making life worse for folks already in a bad spot) it doesn't seem fair to deny us the Ice Hydra helmet. Not to mention the Reputation bump, the XP.

In fairness, he is really hard to kill on Normal, since he flees as soon as his health gets about halfway down. I did it more or less by virtue of a lucky sniper shot inflicting acid, and a lucky hit from a summoned skeleton not affected by the terror. Then I realized that he was supposed to escape, so I reloaded.

Still, it shouldn't bar you from completing the quest. If it does, you're right - it should be fixed, or the quest shouldn't be offered.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer

I remember killing Lagran in the Arrival Caves, but he was still in the Ruined Bandit Cave. Also it's implied that the bandits near Patrick's Tower also include Lagran since one looks at you if you don't fight them.

I think those guys were looking greedily at your equipment.

If you kill Lagran in the first dungeon, his character still appears in the bandit fort: his name, however, changes to "Raider Gavroche."

Here is the bug: in Lagran's script, SDF 49,21 is supposed to be set to 1 when he dies. He also speaks, and if he's dead, Gavroche does not speak. Unfortunately, the script cancels the SDF-setting too, if he's Gavroche.

I believe the following shift-D code will allow you to receive the quest reward:

sdf 49 21 1

Haven't tested it, but you can. If you can confirm that this works, I will email the bug and bugfix to Jeff.