Which is the earliest you can remove the thingy (SPOILERS!)[G5]

I just finished Avadon , and it was an awesome RPG with depth (which seems lacking quite a lot nowadays...) and got myself geneforge 5 (will w8 for remakes of the previous games)

Thing is, I am level 40ish lifecrafter, mostly neutral (gives rebel opinions, but does shaper quests for the rewards ) just met Alwyn for the first time.

And Rawal is Really pissing em off now... (read notes about me in quarters finally with unlock+tinkers gloves), I want to know what are the different opportunities for removing the damn control tool and which one is the soonest? Cause really want to get ti removed and kill him...

Oh and if any of those control tool removal opportunities mess up a particular faction please do inform

thanks

btw, by confront, I hope you mean confront about removal of the living tool, because I confronted rawal about the notes he had.

EDIT:

And I would prefer Astoria faction ending , so which is the best order to milk factions for trainig and stuff? and also before which quest should I stop to keep rest of the factions open to me? (big spoilers but don't want to be backed into reloading from earlier save where I forgot which quest I completed and stuff)

yeah i finally finished geneforge by beign neutral, joining alwyns faction to get shaping training, then joining trakovite till i got the vault key with canisters , used them, then finally joined Astoria...

pity couldnt kill Rawal, he reLAly pissed me offf, oh weell, reload joined gladring and massacare everyone laugh