Hey there!

Umm..just got these game as friend said id like it. Been a fan of rpgs since i can remember. Got 5 games for an almost thievish price. My friend said i should start with geneforge 3 and so i did.

Im playing so far with a shaper and the game's pretty cool. I dont really understand almost anything that is going on when i fight. I stun the enemy with my gorilla and he's supposed to be stunned. He keeps fighting me though so im not sure how this works. Can someone in simple terms explain the mechanics of fights in these games. Ive never played a game like this before. Oh and thanks for the great deal.

If you're familiar with RPGs, it sounds like the only thing you are missing is the way stun works. "Stun" means different things in different Spiderweb games. In G3, I believe it usually takes away action points and can potentially take away the entire turn, if you are heavily stunned. Most attacks can cause light stunning, but you will rarely see an enemy lose a turn over it.

Your "gorilla" -- a thahd? -- is mainly good just for causing damage, and of course for soaking up damage as well.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software!

I believe stun removes 1 ap from g4-g5 if i remember. Stun from g1-3 is the same i think. The only difference is with glahkks. They remove about 4 or 5 ap each hit. Stun is mostly useless with melee in later games but a bit more so with earlier games if you use ranged weapons. G4-5 is good for ranged weapons but ultimately stun is not that useful unless you use slow on your weapons.

This is so much fun. I got a little bored with the 3rd and tried the 5th geneforge so far thats the one im playing right now. Im using the shock trooper and its alot of fun. I get to shape my junkyard dog and fight with him too. Im strongly considering putting points into luck. The only problem is that i have no idea what it does. It says that it helps with encounters. Does that mean that my dog will learn skills or does it just add to my armor and resistance?