Level-Up Bug or limit to Wisdom Crystals?

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
The game gives you a level up button every 5 levels after level 30. You still get the increase in health, spell energy, and the computer picked stat every level.

But only 1 player-allocated stat per 5 levels? Or do they all get saved over for you to spend at once?

This has to do with leveling up and experience-

Im not sure if this has been mentioned, but i was trying a new team just a minute ago and got quick learning for my thief. He not only didn't get as much experience as my warrior who's in front, but got less experience. Shouldn't the 5% bonus make him get more experience?

There is a random factor in giving experience. I found this out once when I had to reload because I accidently sold something and found that doing the exact same turn in a quest gave a few points less experience than before.

Also 5% bonus doesn't mean much when you are killing a bunch of monsters under 20 XP each. Round off error will give you no extra experience.

Well, it isn't a complete waste. But even if it worked perfectly, it wouldn't be that great, since every time you move up a level the XP you get from stuff goes down slightly. So the total amount of extra XP you will gain over the course of the game would be significantly lower than 5%, accounting for that. And if it indeed rounds down then it's even lower.

Don't start over, just use the editor to correct your trait/skill choices -- you can do this without giving yourself extra points.

Originally Posted By: Matchstk
Why was this choice made? So much for creating an uber-party.

Jeff made the choice when he removed the level cap. You can go as high as you want by collecting ingredients for wisdom crystals. However you get very bored just getting to level 35 with a party of 4 and I can't summon the energy to get to level 60 for a single character party.