If geneforge 5 went multiplayer?[G5]

How do you think it would go?

I think it would be the same as normal Geneforge, except with 2 players who must do things like exit/enter areas together, also major events.

And then you could just save the game which would be called the same as the name of the player u played with, then when he's online, you could just load it and continue playing with him.

Multiplayer non-online: You might control one side while the other player controls the other side depending on your faction. You could work together or seperate depending on your faction. It would be nearly impossible to win though if the multiple players opposed each other.

MMO style: You choose a side and customize your character. You start out as an outsider and eventually you become a shaper. You learn different skills along the way. Your entire goal is to fight in the never-ending war against the other side.

Or it would be really awesome if it was way more like all the characters were played by someone. Like you could rent a space in some town, learn tons and towns of shaping and spells and become a teacher for one of the councilers, or be an agent and travel through the towns, or be a guard, or a creation, or,or...

As you can see, That would either be very awesome if done right, or very awful if done wrong.

I've often felt a Geneforge mod for an RTS or turn-based strategy game could be neat. (Wesnoth comes immediately to mind.) Not that I've bothered to make one.

I think the problem would be incorporating Geneforge's unique unit-creation mechanics: it could be done in a way that reflects shaping well, but that might be hard to make playable and fun. On the other hand, it could have mechanics like any other strategy game, but then why make it Geneforge in the first place?

FPS actually sounds pretty awesome.

Think of parrying, making creations to fight alongside you , using spells, melee, campaign mode to get good weapons and armor, different sides, different abilities for characters...

Actually geneforge sounds awesome as anything, but I would keep at as close to what it is as possible.

One of my favorite things about SW games is the uniqueness of the terrain/map/view/camera/development tool. I would hate to see that taken away. If there was to be a turn-based strategy game then this is how it could happen

1. You move your character near an essence pool

2. from there s/he will create some creations

3. The creations will do the whole go out and kill the enemy thing.