Neray?

eaintree

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
She appears later in the Jhereth Deeps unless you kill her.

Woah, what? It's possible to kill her before she magically ghosts past your guys? Are we talking about only initiating the meeting when you're level 30 or are we talking cheats?

Also is there any way to get past that first gate in the cave she initially flees to?

Originally Posted By: Bushwhacker2k
Woah, what? It's possible to kill her before she magically ghosts past your guys? Are we talking about only initiating the meeting when you're level 30 or are we talking cheats?

It's possible to buy an extra turn to beat her up if you stun her. It's still pretty hard to take her down before she gets away, but not impossible.

Quote:
Also is there any way to get past that first gate in the cave she initially flees to?

Nope!

Originally Posted By: Lilith
Originally Posted By: Bushwhacker2k

Nope!

That's actually kind of fascinating, because I remember seeing something I wanted to loot behind it. As annoying as this may initially seem, I think it's more interesting because it implies there are things in the game beyond what you control, which gives it more life, which many games lack these days.

Okay, I thought there might be a way to get back there. I assume it has something to do with the two inaccessible areas in the Wretch underground area in the same place.

One was blocked by rocks and the other probably had a switch that opened it, but it was entirely visible from the water area (never found a switch though).

• 3 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Randomizer
It's because you are using it on a scripted character. Scripting overwrites normal effects usually so things like area effects happen with stunned monsters.

The Rod of Attraction worked on the scripted characters, but no matter how many times I pulled Neray back she'd eventually escape down the mine anyway. And the game piles undead on you when the Shadow Beast slips away, which makes it nearly impossible to get it back. As Moritz'Kri is scripted to kill the Beast later, I suppose there's no game mechanic that would allow you to kill it in the woods.

Originally Posted By: eaintree
As Moritz'Kri is scripted to kill the Beast later, I suppose there's no game mechanic that would allow you to kill it in the woods.

This is correct. Even if you manage to totally deplete the Shadow Beast's health on the first encounter, it'll stay at 1 HP and not die no matter how many times you hit it.