Another intresting poll

Trenton.

The people I work with used to be serious all the time while at work. They all have a good sense of humor, but didn't use it while at work. Then the office was invaded by a wascally wabbit, who had an irrefutable penchant for the pun. I was always the source of the bad puns. After a while, my co-workers found themselves cutting loose with a foul smelling pun. Since such a thing had never happened before I joined the company, I got the blame.

The difference between a pun and a fart?

A pun is a quick shift of wit.

A fart is a quick wiff of ...

Oh well never mind.

Regardless of who summons what, in the original Exile, there were no summoning numerical limitations beyond the engines absolute limit for how many creatures a map could contain. Therefore, a well hasted and magic versed party could simply lob infinity minions at any shaper, not just beating said Shaper at their own game, but humiliating them at it as well.

Really, I don't think Geneforge anything vs. an Exile character (even a well armed singleton) is much of a fight.

Maybe Geneforge vs. Avadon?

Originally Posted By: PSPACE
The Avernites would be outnumbered six to four, and a narrower variety of spells at their disposal.

On the other hand, the Avernites have buffs the Exiles can only dream about. Sanctuary? Invulnerability? Avatar? Yeah, the little Bless+Haste bit doesn't look so impressive now.

Um, Sanctuary, Invulnerability, and Avatar were all in Exile.

Originally Posted By: Arancaytar
On the other hand, the Avernites have buffs the Exiles can only dream about. Sanctuary? Invulnerability? Avatar? Yeah, the little Bless+Haste bit doesn't look so impressive now.

Pretty sure Avatar is an Exile spell. The invulnerability from Arcane Shield is great, but Sanctuary kind of sucks. Beast Ceremony is great but has the limitation of being able to be cast beforehand, so it's only useful if the Avernum party ambushes the Exile party.

Besides, the Exile vs. Avernum fight already happened. It's called Nobody's Heroes. The Avernites get their butts kicked.

Dikiyoba.