How do you Pronounce some stuff

AethirWeb

There is too much how to pronounce so I'll put it in the general board. So I have a few how to Pronounce questions.

1. Fyora (Like Fee-Ore-Ah?)

2. Drayk (Like Drake? Or Dry-K)

3. Kyshakk (Like Kai-Shak?)

4. Thahd (Like Tha-Duh?)

5. Rotghroth (Rot-Groth?)

6. Artila (Arr-Til-Ah?)

7. Vlish (Rhymes with fish?)

8. Avernum (Ah-Vur-Num?)

9. Avadon ( Ah-Vah-Donh)

10. Nodye. (No-dee or No-day)

11. Kellemderiel (Kell-em-Dair-ee-ul)

12. Holklanda (Hole-Kuh-Land-ah)

13. The Kva (Kuh-Vah)

14. Wyldrym (Wild-Drim)

Originally Posted By: Excalibur
Originally Posted By: Dantius
i was expecting it to open with a g'day mate

you disappoint my stereotypes of australians

Americans get too many impressions from Outback Steakhouse commercials.

I visited Australia once and it was just like those commercials. I returned home with hair on my chest, and I was only 5 years old.

I dunno why, but I always have a tendency to stress the 'A' in "Avernum" more than the 'ver', which I cognitively know is wrong, but is a habit I cannot break for the life of me.

On the other hand, I do the opposite with Avadon, stressing the second syllable more than any other.

Also, Lilith, I offer that your self-depreciation would be much better directed at your recording equipment than your own voice.

Originally Posted By: Necris Omega
Also, Lilith, I offer that your self-depreciation would be much better directed at your recording equipment than your own voice.

i don't have a proper microphone so i literally recorded that by plugging a pair of headphones into the microphone jack and speaking into one of the earpieces

did you know that works? well you do now

Originally Posted By: Lilith
Originally Posted By: Necris Omega

i don't have a proper microphone so i literally recorded that by plugging a pair of headphones into the microphone jack and speaking into one of the earpieces

did you know that works? well you do now

woah. That's pretty awesome.

Originally Posted By: Student of Trinity
What if you speak into both earphones? Do you get stereo?

kiiiind of. they aren't really sensitive enough to pick up much sound unless i'm talking right into an earpiece, so it doesn't work very well. but in principle yes

Quote:
If you play the recording back through the earphones, do you get the horrible impression that the voice is coming from the middle of your own head?

well, if i were able to get stereo recording to work at all decently it'd basically act as a form of binaural recording, which when done properly makes the sound seem as if it's coming from the same place relative to the listener as it was coming from relative to the microphones. so it'd depend on where i was speaking into it from i guess