question on demo

azrieuim

I was thinking about buying this game, but had a couple questions. First, if I buy the game and put in the registration code, can I continue my saved games from the demo?

Is there anything else I have to download if I buy the game, or does the demo include the whole game already?

The reason I ask is because it says there is an option to play with direct X for the graphics, and I don't see that option when I go to the windows menu entry for the game, and it says it should be there in the game instructions.

Just in case this info is needed, I'm using Windows Vista.

Quote:

The reason I ask is because it says there is an option to play with direct X for the graphics, and I don't see that option when I go to the windows menu entry for the game, and it says it should be there in the game instructions.

Quote:

If Avadon's graphics do not display correctly or the game still runs slowly even in Fast Graphics Mode, try running the DirectX version. It is in the Start Menu, in Spiderweb Software > Avadon.

I just checked it, and there is only one version of the game to run. I don't know why it would indicate a separate version if there is only one. Possibly this is a Mac version relic?

But like Excalibur said, the demo already contains the full game, which can be unlocked via registration code. No extra downloading is needed, no saves will be lost. Even if you had to reinstall the game, the saves are stored in MyDocuments and wouldn't be lost.

I finally got around to buy the game today myself, and it is great. The demo seems to be the shortest demo of all SWS games though, this is saddening. The game is great though, very glad I bought it. Then again, I've never regretted buying any other SWS game either.

Originally Posted By: Mod.
Quote:

Quote:

If Avadon's graphics do not display correctly or the game still runs slowly even in Fast Graphics Mode, try running the DirectX version. It is in the Start Menu, in Spiderweb Software > Avadon.

I just checked it, and there is only one version of the game to run. I don't know why it would indicate a separate version if there is only one. Possibly this is a Mac version relic?

But like Excalibur said, the demo already contains the full game, which can be unlocked via registration code. No extra downloading is needed, no saves will be lost. Even if you had to reinstall the game, the saves are stored in MyDocuments and wouldn't be lost.

I finally got around to buy the game today myself, and it is great. The demo seems to be the shortest demo of all SWS games though, this is saddening. The game is great though, very glad I bought it. Then again, I've never regretted buying any other SWS game either.

Is it me or are there only three areas to explore before you have to buy the game?

Edit: DOes anybody else have the problem of clicking on doors/stairs opening the items page? I get the talking error: dialogue script broken or missing.

Originally Posted By: Geneforgeisformeyukkyu
Is it me or are there only three areas to explore before you have to buy the game?

Edit: DOes anybody else have the problem of clicking on doors/stairs opening the items page? I get the talking error: dialogue script broken or missing.

There are only 3 zones outside Avadon in the demo. Be grateful, beta testers only got 2. smile

The other sounds like a corrupt game version. Try uninstalling and download a new copy to install. You might have a missing or damaged script file.

Originally Posted By: azrieuim

There is a directX version in the support pages. http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/avadon/techsupp.html