ENCHANTMENT!

Zummi

Originally Posted By: Carington x2
—Alorael, who rejects your meme. No dwarves in Avadon.

I knew that had to come from somewhere! I should have recognized it sooner, since I'm playing DA:O-A right now, too.

Incidentally, DA:O-A is just about the worst acronym for a game ever. KotOR gives it a run for its money, but at least that sounds like a actual word as opposed to just gibberish.

thanks for that.

and now I'd like to take this soon-to-be-locked thread and use it as a soapbox.

1) Damn you JV! It's almost thursday of my reading week, and I've done ZERO work! And I have soooo much due monday.

2) Every time my Shaman gets in a good cleave with her primary attack, I instinctively want to say "Nice Cleave-age!", but then I don't.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Originally Posted By: tehpineapple
Step One: Place enchantment on anvil
Step Two: ???
Step Three: Loss!!!

FYT
Items are worth the same after enhancement.

True, alas. I lobbied to have enhanced items reflect a shift in value. Eventually you may want to sell off older gear that isn't so useful anymore. If you enhanced it, it should be worth more naturally. Maybe Jeff will include this in Av2.

On an extremely happy note, due to continual harassment by, if not others, at least myself, for three games in a row now, we at last have a junk bag to facilitate quick sales of lots of loot (as well as making more room in our inventory for useful things to carry around.) It drove me nuts having to click on the corner of object in inventory literally thousands of times during a game just to sell things and get what you really want—money.

-S-

Originally Posted By: Masquerade
Originally Posted By: Synergy
P.S. - Cleavage isn't so nice when you're on the receiving end, and this gets a bit nasty by late game. It will encourage you to space your party members away from one another in many fights.

-S-

But then i wouldn't get a backstabbing bonus frown

Use pets instead, they stay around that long so make them useful.

• 2 years later...

speaking of suggestions, given all those empty slots on an anvil when smithinq wouldn't it be cool/make sense/duh! if an enhancement could be boosted by, say, adding gemstones to the enhancement process? perhaps item + enhancement + a few stones of the right sort could add a few percent to the enhancement being applied. yay! custom enhancements! i'm sure our esteemed game designer could think of ways to make that workable.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I have been playing Avadon for some weeks now and I have finished the game.

Concerning enchanting, I have noted that neither rings, nor projectil weapons can't be enchanted.

I am not shure if it is a bug or was on purpose but I find it too bad you can't enchant a bow with a stone that gives better critical chances when put on a weapon... espcially if you have built a character focused on bow (with high dex).

Hope it gets fixed in Avadon 2 ;)

• 3 weeks later...

That's largely true. The bonuses are small. As a consolation, the items are also common. Like you, I didn't use them my first time through, but the game's meant to be played so that you can enchant frequently without worry. Good items don't became terrible if not enchanted, and bad items don't become good, but you can get a little more benefit out of your items by sticking various enchanting bits in them.

—Alorael, who still has trouble with his "never use one use items" urge. He still only enchants when he knows he'll be using an item for a very long time and ends the game with a massive stockpile of unused potential enhancements. But it still works out.